Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.8

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions

• How many pay phones are there in New York City?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

The first interview was done over the phone and consisted of me talking to a developer and a manager, and going over some basic development quetsions. The second interview was via webcam because I was out of state, and was more of the same. The final interview was in-person, at the office, and they actually flew me in to do it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy, they asked how much I wanted, I gave them a number, and they accepted. I should've gone higher...

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in April 2009.

Interview

I was called for a phone interview then had a face to face interview with two enrollment managers. After that i was offered the position.

Negotiation

There really was no negotiations just what I previously earned and what they were willing to pay.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in November 2009.

Interview

The woman read the questions from a sheet of paper and wrote down all my responses. She spent more time writing than actually looking at me. She was professional but without any personality. She could have been a terminator.

I stumbled on some of the questions, as I was trying to figure out what she was writing and was distracted by her behavior.

She wanted lots of detail. "Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss. How did you resolve it?"

I had studied questions and thought I was prepared but I apparently did not give her what she wanted.

It was the worst!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

The initial phone interview is somewhat informal in regards to your answers. The recruiter is really gauging your phone demeanor. The 1 on 1 interview is very formal and structured. The questions are standard situational analysis format. They are looking for very specific examples. Cite the problem and what you did to resolve it and then the outcome.

All though I was not offered the position, based on the interview I would not have accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to convince your boss to see things your way.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of about your proudest moment.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA).

Interview

After a 20-minute phone screening, I was scheduled for an in-person interview with a recruiter and hiring manager in the San Diego offices. The interview lasted approximately 1-hour. They followed up with me regarding the decision the next day.

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by someone in HR after I posted my resume online. He called to tell me a bit about the company, and sent an email with a day in the life/more info. If I was interested after that we would set up a phone interview-- which I was. The phone interview was pretty standard, and then we moved on to an in person interview with 2 of the managers. That interview went really well, basic interview questions and then a role play for how calls might go. I felt comfortable doing the role play because of how much info the HR guy gave me, plus the video that was sent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how you handled the situation and what the outcome was?   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal team work environment, and how do you best thrive in the work place?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Interview

Technical phone screening then in person interview with 2 different panels. They made the process very excited enjoyable. A lot of technical questions surrounding oop and JavaScript and a couple whiteboarding questions

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgepoint Education (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter I talked to was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions. The interview process was transparent, methodical (in a good way), and very timely. First was a phone interview, then an in-person, and then a 'panel' interview (just with two people). No questions in particular caught me off guard. You do have to pass a background check, which shouldn't be an issue as long as you have nothing to hide.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you worked with a difficult supervisor, and how you adjusted/responded.   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in three words.   Answer Question