Bridgewater Associates Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 623 interviews

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

flat, didn't ask job-related questions, not sure if I did well. Haha. I didn't get the offer in the end anyways. It is strange they spent so much effort trying to find an admin assistant.

Interview Questions
  • mostly are college related questions
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Stamford, CT) in Apr 2019

Interview

They strung me along for two months. Group interview and multiple 1:1 interviews, plus zoom (video) interviews. I drove to both Stamford and Norwalk locations. After they rejected me, I learned that they knew from the second case study (and survey) I had done that they did not want me. They still wasted my time and had me come in for at least 2-3 more interviews with the teams. I must've been a 'practice' for the trainees to interview. Don't waste your time here. They play games and string you along. They are horrible at responding to emails throughout the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Informative and straight-forward. You are not entered into a position without all knowledge of responsibilities, culture, and more. The screening helps cut out those who would not fit into the company.

Interview Questions
  • Stress-Level Related. Scenario Questionnaire. Repetitive questions, consistency in answers is key. Keep it straight-forward.
2 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The hiring managers were great and very responsive. The interview itself was extremely uncomfortable. It was clear the individual interviewing me was putting me under pressure to see how I would act. They read into everything that I said. Extremely uncomfortable and ultimately not the right role for me, especially as an entry level position.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you made a mistake and how did you fix it
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

I was contacted by a BW recruiter on Linkedin. After replying to an email, the phone interview was set up within 2-3 days. After the phone interview, an on-site interview was scheduled for the very next week (3-4 days later). As other reviews have stated, there was a personality evaluation, videos, and other materials to review before the interview about BW's culture. The interview took a full day with three sections: group interview, case study, and the 2-on-1 life interview. It was fast-paced and a good look into their company culture, which seemed to take a masochistic pride in thriving in their culture of open criticism. Most of the other interviewees (mostly college seniors or recent college grads) in my group were visibly and emotionally shaken after the group interview. One of the interviewers' questioning during the life interview came off as intentionally rude and manipulative. I understand the need to see how an applicant reacts under pressure, but a few questions probed my personal life in an unprofessional manner. There was a clear good cop/bad cop dichotomy in their commenting and questioning. By the end of the day, I had a taste of the Bridgewater Kool-aid. It is cult-like and if at any point you find yourself disagreeing with their culture, it's best to move on instead of feigning compliance. It was unnerving to hear the interviewers refer to a high turnover rate and people breaking (and having emotional/mental stress) as if it were a testament to their success.

Interview Questions
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

I didn't make it past the phone interview. Before the phone interview, I was required to watch all of these culture videos from the website. The recruiter was very nice and helpful. It was standard, interview questions, but they kept rescheduling the dates to come in for one. It turned me off, so I stopped returning the emails.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

I absolutely loved the interview process! Found it to be extremely helpful prior to receiving any type of offer. It was unlike any interview process I had ever done before, but I wish I had more interviews like Bridgewaters.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in May 2015

Interview

Very rigorous, be prepared to be interrogated. First, there was a phone call with a recruiter to go over my background and work experience. Then there was an in person group interview, which was videotaped and help much more like an interrogation than an interview.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of basic background questions and a case study about making BLT sandwiches.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Feb 2015

Interview

The interview process at Bridgewater is like none other. They are very proud of themselves for this. I took a series of personality tests, watched culture videos and even an independent case study of Bridgewater. All in all I would say I spent well over six hours preparing for each interview visit. The purpose of all of this was to make sure I understood the uniqueness of their work environment. After two in-house interviews (which lasted all day), meeting with four departments, and over fifteen people, I was invited for a third interview, which I asked to be conducted by phone since I lived a distance away. I felt as this stage quite confident that it was a good fit for my career goals.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about an altercation you had with a boss or superior.
19 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Jan 2015

Interview

The "Admin Blitz" is a series of group interviews that seemed meant to weed out the independent thinkers. Whether these independent thinkers were the ones asked back for individual interviews with the team they could support was unclear.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews