Bridgewater Associates Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 629 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

In-person group interview. A little strange and different. They left us along to talk with each other as group and recorded the interview. The interviewers acted like moderators of the discussion.

Interview Questions
  • Should you legalize gambling or not?
    Answer Question

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Difficult, but fair. It was very technical, but all of the questions were answerable if you'd prepped ahead of time. Studying algorithms, data structures, etc. will more than prep you to ace it.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

It's a long slog but the people are all lovely. Very forthcoming; when they say complete honesty and transparency it's not just a slogan - it's a way of being. Very thoughtful probing questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Aug 2017

Interview

Had online interview which was pretty awkward, just in general standard questions like why Bridgewater etc. Then, went for group interview where they tried to get ask how to think.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in May 2017

Interview

Brutal...they ask you all kinds of behavioral questions and make you get stuck in a room arguing with others about political issues. Group of people kind of ganged up on you at the same time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The interview process begins with a battery of required personality tests and required reading (Ray Dalio's manifesto). During the in-person interview you meet with 4-10 people throughout the day either 1:1 or in a small group. The interviewers provide frank feedback after each interview and it is all recorded (like everything at Bridgewater). There is basically no downtime - even during lunch they give you movies about the culture to watch. There are some unique interview items like a debate portion where you are given current event items to debate to assess reasoning skills. The firm is primarily focused on assessing cultural fit.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Interviewers were rude. It seems like the people who interviewed me have honest and transparent mixed with rude and degrading. There is a fine line between the two and they have definitely crossed it. Their criticism is in no way constructive, and I am unsure how they refer to themselves as a flat organization when they treat their interviewers poorly and clearly see themselves as superior.

Interview Questions
9 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Apr 2016

Interview

I did a Phone screen which went well and lasted about an hour.. Shortly after I was invited to take an in person interview which under confidentiality was tailored around my personality and interactions with multiple folks. I walked away content and had a very open perception of BW. It is a place for someone who can handle feedback, if you can't hear feedback constantly, don't waste your time.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Phone screening interview. If it goes well they send you a behavior questionaire and then will bring you to CT for final round. Final round has some parts in which you interact with other candidates which can be intimidating

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter and then had a phone interview. The phone interview was with two individuals. The interview was straightforward and harsh. A little bit demeaning.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews