Find jobs for Associate

Bridgewater Associates Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 622 interviews

Campus Recruiting24%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Feb 2021

Interview

3 Rounds of interviews. First is a pre-recorded video interview, second is a phone screen with HR, and third is a case study interview with a manager. All seemed well until they scheduled a call days in advance to discuss next steps. The call was really just to call and tell the candidate they did not receive the role. What kind of company decides to take time out of their and the candidate's schedule to set up a time days in advance to tell them they did not get the job?

Interview Questions
  • Asked several thought provoking questions
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Bridgeport, CT)

Interview

Positive experience. A couple parts including behavioral section and case study. Interesting interviewers and others in the group interviewing. Full day experience. This was a second round after a phone screen.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Stamford, CT) in Aug 2019

Interview

There was first a one-on-one interview where they asked a philosophical question. Then, there was a group debate with other applicants. You also watch a video about the firm and ask a few questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Stamford, CT) in Apr 2018

Interview

The interview process was incredibly strange. Everything was recorded and so much of the focus was on search for some vague "truth." I don't know, seems pretty cult-ish to me.

Interview Questions
  • - Tell me three weaknesses you have - Talk about when you failed - Talk about feedback you've gotten

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Dec 2017

Interview

two senior management, several rounds including personal interview, group interview, casual chat, and third-party consultant. all good experience I think. overall the interview process is fun, cool, smart, unconventional, and very challenging. and it's clear they are a very diverse team with sharp ideas.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Mar 2017

Interview

Definitely intense. You need to be open to the process. The culture is definitely not usual but the theory behind it does make sense! You have to be totally open to direct criticism. There were 3 rounds of interviews -- the online process, group interviews, then one on ones.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

couldn't wait for the day to be over. it was tedious. a great learning experience, but it was too overwhelming. too much Ray Dalio worshiping to take in for one lifetime. definitely have to be what they're looking for to be entailed throughout.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Stamford, CT) in Nov 2015

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter, filled out personality tests, went in for a full day of interviews. There was a group discussion on a current event, an individual interview, a problem solving group project, watching of tapes to show the daily role of bridgewater employees, and then meeting with individual teams. Lasted from 9am-5pm was a long day of the process.

Interview Questions
  • If you were creating your ideal country what border control rules would you enforce?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Bridgeport, CT) in Nov 2015

Interview

Applied through employee referral. Then took a personality test and after that I was brought in for an all day group interview. Was split into different sectors throughout the day. Conversation about current events, one on one interview, videos of daily life at bridgewater and project based interview

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Jan 2015

Interview

They don't tell you what you're interviewing for. They don't communicate predictably, on time, or at all sometimes. There was an online application, online personality tests, on campus portion, then a long wait, then went to Westport for a half day of interviews (people who continued in process stayed the full day).

Interview Questions
  • Is it worth spending money on space exploration with problems at home/Earth?
2 people found this interview helpful