Bridgewater Associates Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 629 interviews

In Person25%
3.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

Interview Process was like a 3 ring circus. There were 2 personality tests required prior to the interview. HR phone interview they do everything to attempt to trip you up including twisting things you say into something negative. In person interview you go from room to room. First room they have multiple job candidates sitting in the same room and they draw a lot of diagrams explaining their culture. Second room they make you do 'role play' with current employees (example: have a phone conversation with a vendor who has not delivered on time), if you try to be polite they tell you that you should be yelling at and reprimanding the fake vendor (current employees used curses as example). 3rd room they make you list 3 negative qualities about yourself, work wise or other, and if you refuse or list something thats not truly negative they won't allow you to leave, stating you need a real negative. Forcing you to make stuff up which they then interrogate you over. I should also add that all of these conversations are either video or audio recorded and they insist you sign a waiver prior to each conversation. Worst interview process I have ever encountered. Feels like a cult.

Interview Questions
  • List 3 truly negative qualities you possess, work wise or other.
    Answer Question
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Stamford, CT) in Mar 2017

Interview

The interviewers sought to embarrass me and they succeeded. Their goal was to put me and other candidates under pressure to determine who would be able to handle it. Interesting approach, but I do not want to work with people who think and act this way

Interview Questions
  • - Why are you asking these questions? - Did you cheat on the personality exam? - How do you know that? - *laughing at interview blunders*
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Hartford, CT) in Apr 2014

Interview

Fun, a little overzealous on the personality quiz. Fun, a little overzealous on the personality quiz. Fun, a little overzealous on the personality quiz. Fun, a little overzealous on the personality quiz. Fun, a little overzealous on the personality quiz.

Interview Questions
  • Logic and argument, of various forms basically
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Jul 2012

Interview

Interview was recorded. Consisted of a single question that probed various levels of critical thinking and problem solving regarding implementation of a business process. As the interview progressed, the details regarding each point of the answer were probed with a "and what next" cadence. At the end of the interview, the interviewer provided a breakdown of what was expected in the ideal answer.

Interview Questions
  • Focus on a single issue and outcome rather than a series of questions was not expected.
2 people found this interview helpful