Bridgewater Associates Business Support Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 13 of over 629 interviews

Employee Referral18%
3.8
HardAverageEasy

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The process is lengthy, designed to throw candidates off and involves spending hours talking personality tests, reviewing materials and watching videos. There was a "life interview", a group interview, a mock client interview, and Q&A.

Interview Questions
  • What was the worst thing to happen in your life?
    Answer Question

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Fairly long process, received a message from a recruiter, recruiter then did his/her thing and got me an interview at BW a few weeks later after I took an online personality test. Interview at Bridgewater lasted all day and was fairly easy going. Discussion/Case Study/Regular interview. Basically there is no prep you can do - if you are a good fit you'll make it. If not, you'll know fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a controversial topic in society and your views on it. Reflect on your life and your weaknesses, how did you overcome them.

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in Apr 2016

Interview

It was lengthy but it seemed like they took the time to really get to know you. It was an all day thing but they had lunch for you, it was set up into three parts where they tested out more of the way you think than the knowledge or skills that you had. that made me feel better about it all because they were basing it on the way that you thought not what you knew.

Interview Questions
  • Everything ended with a why? or a how? like why did you do this or how did you come up with that answer
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Apr 2016

Interview

I went through a recruiter. After they okay-ed my resume, I had to take several online personality tests and watch videos about the company's culture. They made us sign an NDA before we could even go there. The interview process was at least 6 hours long and seemed more focused on whether you would immediately fit into the culture and not whether you could eventually adapt and stick it out long term. It's telling that about 50% of hires are gone with a year or two. There were 4 different 'stations' if you will, with a different activity and number of interviewers in each. Nothing was particularly difficult but you'll understand why the word 'cult' is used to describe this place after you're finished. Our group of 8 interviewees clearly bombed the group discussion at the end and got chewed out by several of their employees. None of us really understood the point because the directions were so outside the box and I don't think anyone got what they were supposed to be getting out of watching us do this activity. Apparently they didn't actually want us to discuss the topic, they actually wanted us to discuss how we would discuss the topic. They just wanted to watch us plan how we were going to arrive at a conclusion. The instructions were clear when we looked back but the whole experience was just bizarre. With that said, they didn't need to be so incredibly rude about it. Out of the 15-20 current associates I met while interviewing, there were maybe 2 or 3 that I didn't find obnoxious, arrogant or haughty. If it works for them, then that's good but despite all their talk of openness and meritocracy, it seems more theory than practice. The company is clearly very successful (monetarily speaking) but I detected a weird undercurrent of discontent and general exhaustion in pretty much all the employees I met. The recent allegations against them (NYT article) make total sense given my experience there.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Feb 2016

Interview

First phone interview, then need to do few personality test then come in Westport office in CT. First, 30 mins watching video tapes, then put me in the discussion group, then 30 mins case studies, then 30 mins one to one interview. Then 30 mins watching video tapes then 2 people come in answer questions, then some people are asked to stay, some of them are let go.

Interview Questions
  • Should we privatising jail system? Organ Market Set up a lunch of BLT sandwiches for 50 people. Why you went to your school?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Feb 2016

Interview

Full day interview sessions to get an idea of the company culture, and for the company to learn about you and see if you would be a good fit. This involves group discussion, case studies and a one-on-one interview, as well as a Q&A session for any other questions you may have. After the initial interviews you may be asked to stay to meet with some department hiring managers. If those hiring managers see potential and if you are also interested in the positions they are offering, you will likely get called in for a second day interview, slightly shorter than the first full day interview and/or follow-up phone calls. Overall had a great experience talking to everyone. The culture is a hit or miss, and it really depends on the kind of person you are and if you think you would thrive in that kind of an environment. Everyone I met was very intelligent, kind and informative.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in Jan 2016

Interview

A very elaborate interview process for an entry level position of this kind. You'll be there from 8am until at least the early afternoon. Feels overly time-consuming but also allows you to learn a great deal about the way the company operates. They focus on your personality type and your personal history the most, it seems. Avoid revealing too much personal information in the one-on-one interview, as this may work against you.

Interview Questions
  • The questions lead off of what you reveal about yourself. It started with a broad "Why did I choose the school I went to?" question and jumped off from there. They are digging to find your character flaws.

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The process was open, inspiring and thoughtful. It described the best parts of working for a large company while including the more modern working environment. Would certainly recommend the company to others looking for a rewarding environment.

Interview Questions
  • How do you see yourself fitting into the culture of Bridgewater?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in Nov 2015

Interview

Life Interview (one-on-one): Spent a lot of time probing about difficulties and challenges you have come across in your life and you are really probed to reflect on those situations and how you handled them. I don't think one single minute of this interview was devoted to highlighting a positive/something that Bridgewater liked about the resume. The interviewer started by saying "Some people have described this as a therapy session" and ended by saying "Thank you for being honest. I hope this was helpful." Discussion Group: Come prepared with an open-ended questions and don't provide too much info on why you picked this question up front. The two interviewers seemed to prefer the candidates who gave an opinion and explained why that was their opinion rather than people who were skeptical and gave their reasons why they were skeptical. Case Study: 3 candidates get a problem, and work on it independently for 10mins. There is an opportunity to ask the interviewer a bunch of questions in the beginning which you can and should do. Then you each present your idea and critique each other and then are asked to rank each other in order and defend why. After this, all the candidates watch a bunch of culture tapes while the interviewers are debating your profiles. Throughout the process all the employees were polite and explained the next steps. One thing the interviewers couldn't give a direct answer about what a Business Support Associate is/does. I left the interview with even less clarity on the role than before going in. However, I think the in-person interview is really designed to screen for people who are a culture fit. If they think you will fit in, then they will try to assign you a job.

Interview Questions
  • What does success look like to you?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in Aug 2015

Interview

The interview process is unlike anything I have ever experienced. Before the in-person interview you must take a series of logic tests including the Mayer Briggs Test in order to see if you will even be considered as a candidate. If you pass these, you are brought in for an all day interview. Here, you will go thru a series of different interviews w/ different associates from the company. There is a 1:1 interview where you are asked questions about your biggest weakness/ streghths, your story (make this short and sweet) The others are a series of group interviews. A group case study, where you will be analyzed on the way you react in a situation and the way that you go about a hypothetical situation. You will also be asked to watch hours of tapes on the founder Ray and his principles.

Interview Questions
  • Open ended Question/Group Debate: do you believe in privatizing the Jail System.
7 people found this interview helpful