Bridgewater Associates Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 636 interviews

Employee Referral8%
3.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY)

Interview

Phone screen and personality/behavior tests determine if you get the opportunity to interview in person. Interview consisted of a full day of case studies, group/individual interviews, and a technical question that you walk through with a current employee.

Interview Questions
  • Case studies consist of a broad question to see how you approach a problem and how you think. A moderator would guide the discussion to see how you react.
    Answer Question
9 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

It was an all day interview with different members of the team. There was also one very long session with an HR person (I think) who tried to assess whether I'd fit within the company culture. They presented some problems that I had to discuss with them and provide possible solutions to it.

Interview Questions
  • Some basic questions about statistics, random walks. They also gave a bunch of data and asked me to extract something interesting from it.
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Jul 2015

Interview

Introduction, Case Study, Cultural Interview... I feel it is not about if you fit the company culture; it is more about if you fit the personality of the interviewers. Also, keep in mind that being too honest will cost you the opportunity.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The initial contact took a few weeks, then came a phone screen, and an on-site visit. The phone screen was as expected behavioral questions; on the onsite visit I was introduced to senior members of my future team, who tried to get a read on if I would be a successful team member. The questions were intellectually challenging/engaging, all in all the interview felt like an intellectual conversation more than a list of questions..

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't a particularly difficult question, the difficulty came in the depth of answer that we engaged in, a short and sweet answer wasn't enough, the interviewers and I went a few levels below the initial answer to see (for example, what makes me tick, and why, and what that says about me).
7 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Long intense process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

A very long day with 5 different associates

Interview Questions
  • The easiest question was to find the sum of all the numbers from 1 to 100. The most difficult thing was primarily a SQL code which was to be understood and explained
4 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Starts with 30 minute phone interview followed by a 4 hour interview. A lot of repetitive information. Tiring and exhausting. I don't think anyone will enjoy working there.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

I'm going into detail here that will compromise my anonymity but this company is all about transparency so I don't think they will mind. The interview process for me was as follows, but I understand it can vary from person to person: -Before you get started, I think it is helpful to read a copy of the founder's book, Principles, which you can download from their website (it even has a section on hiring). It is short and this book is very, very important to them. -Initial phone screen with a recruiting company. They talk about personality and background eg "tell me about a time you received criticism and how did you handle it" "tell me about a time when you made a mistake" et cetera -Fill out some quick paperwork for recruiting company, then wait for Bridgewater to reach out -Phone screen with Bridgewater employee. Same types of background questions. They care very much that you are a good culture fit for their unique culture and they're looking for values first, abilities second, and skills third. Being open, honest, and reflective seem to be the main points. Ask lots of questions (not just during this interview, pretty much at all of them). -Online personality tests. Three of them. -On site interview with a small group discussion, short excel test, and a face-to-face culture interview. They'll let you listen to some of their "culture tapes" too (everything is recorded). By this time (if not waaaaay sooner) you should definitely know what your flaws are and be comfortable talking openly about them, because you're going to be doing a lot of that. At the end of the day they'll give you copies of the results from your personality tests to think about. -Second on site interview involves shadowing an employee, talking about the work, and discussing any interesting parts of the personality tests and previous interviews that they want to talk about. -They made an offer over the phone a couple of weeks later. They expect an answer ASAP.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't one "most difficult" question, but the behavioral interviews were difficult for me. They will dissect you like a frog. (The questions will vary based on your background and the personality tests, so I imagine it can be very different from person to person.)
10 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Sep 2012

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter. First mostly behavioral questions and standard discussion of background. Then had a phone interview with two associates. They asked me mostly about my motivations for this line of work (which they questioned harshly) and how I approach certain problems they gave me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Nov 2011

Interview

The process started with a 30 minute long phone interview. The interviewer was polite and friendly, didn't seem to care much about my skill set, rather wanted to know how comfortable I was with giving/receiving criticism and how proactive I was with sharing my opinions and suggestions. Two weeks later I was scheduled to have the in-house interview at their main campus in Westport. I was put in a room with another interviewee and three of BW folks who asked the two of us about how we would find errors and bugs in a data set. Following that I was left alone in the room to apply my ideas (the ones I had shared with them during the panel interview) to a flawed dataset in a spreadsheet. Next, two of the same interviewers came back and questioned what I had done. They were not happy with my logic; essentially they kept saying that if there was a flaw with the data I should MERELY use my judgement and fix it WITHOUT refering to data source or any benchmark out there for reconciliation because that's how things were done at Bridgewater! For some 10-15 minutes I was exposed to a lecture on the importance of judgement(?) and then they stopped the interview process because (and I'm not fabricating this) I seemed knowledgeable and my thought process was very logical however the "power of judgement" mattered more to the fund! I left with a smile on my face ...

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews