Bridgewater Associates Human Resources Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 629 interviews

Applied online17%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Jul 2015

Interview

Long, disorganized, disjointed, not cohesive, slightly obnoxious, would never want to work for this company but happy to have interviewed! Long, disorganized, disjointed, not cohesive, slightly obnoxious, would never want to work for this company but happy to have interviewed!

Interview Questions
  • What are your long term objectives?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

I contacted a recruiter via LinkedIn to express my interest since I had heard about the company and the principles and really thought I would fit in well. I then formally applied to one position but the recruiter I contacted thought I would be a better fit for another job. I was sent the three personality tests that took about an hour and a half to complete, then was contacted the next week to ask to come in for an in person. I was there for 10 hours and had a number of interviews. Other candidates for the same position were in the room with me throughout the first half of the day. First portion was a debate about a hot topic, then a case study, then a culture fit portion. After lunch the other candidates were called out of the room. I never saw them again so no clue if they moved forward or not. Here they told me they were very interested in me and the rest of the day consisted of 1 on 1s or 2 on 1s with hiring managers, mostly about who I am, what I would be concerned about, and if I am a culture fit. I really enjoyed the day. First interview I have ever been to where I truly felt like I could be myself and did not need to sell myself. They are really just interested in whether you are looking to learn and contribute and are a fit with the unique culture they have established. Very bright people. Do not try to present yourself as someone you are not. They will see right through it. And if you are not the right fit, you will be miserable if you get the job anyway. I was offered a position about a week later and given the option to choose what team I'd like to join.

Interview Questions
  • I thought it was all very straightforward. Nothing difficult.
5 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Greenwich, CT)

Interview

I had one phone interview. It was very much about making sure that I would be a cultural fit; they give feedback on a regular basis, They wanted to make sure that I could handle negative criticism. The phone interview was conducted by someone on the recruiting team. They also reviewed my background.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

Very interesting place. Phone interview first with lots of questions. They want aggressiveness. Ask them as soon as the interview is over what they thought about you and how they think you would fit in the roll so far. They are transparent to a T and have to tell you the truth. They said they werent sure about me at that point I really sold myself showing how much I wanted it. Was asked to come in for an in person. The inperson for me was different than most. It was just me and people rotated in for 3.5 hours asking lots of question (they dig deep). I must have answered a few questions wrong or just didnt have enough experience bc after all said and done I did not get it. Read a lot about the culture its 100% culture based organization.

Interview Questions
  • What are your weakness. Its a different question from them bc its followed by 100 questions of why.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Bridgeport, CT) in Jun 2012

Interview

Phone interview, followed by psychometrics and then face to face interview. The interview process is unlike any where else you will encounter. All about the weird culture they have there.

Interview Questions
  • If the CEO totally did not agree with you, then what would you do?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Aug 2009

Interview

Overall I found that the process, while interesting and thorough, lacked a respect for the candidate. Phone screen - straightforward synopsis of the job and probing into my experience 3 personality tests (Meyers Briggs and two others) before coming into office interview First round - three 2:1 Second round - two/three 2:1 Final - panel presentation and 1:1 During one of my first round nterviews, one of my interviewers sat with his feet up on the desk in front of me (i.e. - my eye contact was with the soles of his feet, not his eyes) while the other left the room twice to get a snack. I was so put off by the attitudes that when called back in for a final round, I was hesitant to even go. While at my second round interviews, I saw an employee in tears complaining to one of her collegues about lack of respect and constant negativity. At my final visit, I was told that my feedback from all my previous interviews was stellar except for one and gave me that feedback. I was then told that this was their way of giving me one a chance to redeem myself through a presentation. They left me in the room to prepare it and then came back in. We proceeded with the presentation, after which I was asked what I learned from the process and how I expected to grow from it. They explained this was their general approach to their employees and asked how I'd feel about working in an environment like that. I left the interview, called the headhunter who had set it up and explained that I really hoped they would not offer it to me. Thankfully, they came back to him with the feedback that they didn't sense I really wanted it. Now that was an accurate assessment.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would go about setting up a campus recruiting process on a new campus.
  • This is an environment where we are constantly giving our employees feedback to help them improve. Often its not positive, but it's meant to help them become better at their job. How would you feel about that?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Sep 2008

Interview

It was a very weird interview. But, I think they are looking for a unique person. I'm still getting calls from recruiters for this position (almost 9 months later, so maybe that might tell you something). The day began with my contact ushering me into a small interior office. I sat down but was told I was in the wrong chair (odd), so she went to get another chair and put me in the correct chair. I'm convinced they were taping the interview. Then two of the recruiters came in to do the first portion of the interview. The woman was fairly young, maybe 3 years out of school, and was wearing jeans and proceeded to sit on her chair with her one foot up on the seat. The man was also pretty young... and, I believe, had only been with them for a couple of months. I was given a piece of paper with a few topics and told to choose one and we would discuss it. I believe the topics were 'selling organs on open market', 'keeping an oil supply in/for US' and 'tenureship for teachers'. very bizarro- nothing to do with my job. anyways, that was about 45 minutes. then I interviewed with two people in HR -- a benefits person and employee relations. The latter had only been with the company about 10 weeks. The former... it was very hard to tell but it seemed like he had been hired for the position for which i was now interviewing and that he'd be reporting into that position?!? is that even possible. The whole thing seemed like something from the Twilight Zone. Needless to say, no match and no interest from either side of the table.

Interview Questions
  • Can you please tell me about this technical experience from your job at XYZ?
4 people found this interview helpful