Bridgewater Associates Intern Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 629 interviews

Recruiter14%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Aug 2019

Interview

They put 8 students in a room and had them debate each other. They clearly only had their eyes on a few kids though. My group had multiple candidates that refused to engage with the conversation out of shyness, so it was a painful half hour.

Interview Questions
  • Should the government regulate gambling?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Jul 2017

Interview

I was contacted by a campus recruiter and sent an application link. I applied online and heard back from Bridgewater a few days later. I was then invited to do a couple of online video interviews and invited to interview at their office in Connecticut a few weeks later. The interview day was short, consisting only of a 30-minute two-on-one interview and an hour long group interview. Both were centered around philosophical questions.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New Haven, CT) in Dec 2016

Interview

Taped video interview, followed by group debate. Video interview had fairly standard questions. For the group debate, everyone brought in a question for debate, and the Bridgewater moderators chose one and we discussed it for an hour. Our question was: Should there be a salary cap?

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Oct 2015

Interview

The first round of interviews consists of a group of candidates debating a controversial topic and being asked to represent different sides of the debate. This continues for multiple hours where they will then go pick the top candidates from this process and move them onto the next step in the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Example of such a question: was the surveillance that was the under the NSA a good thing or a bad thing?

Application

Interview

First, they made me complete an online personality test. Then, I came for an on-site. The on-site interview was two parts: first, a group debate, then a very awkward two-on-one interview in a hotel. The personality test to me seemed like a strange way to gauge whether or not to accept a future candidate. The two-on-one interview seemed like more of an intimidation tactic than anything else. The interviewers did not react to most things that I said and instead buzzed quickly through a list of questions. The group debate portion was actually very interesting. Be prepared to open the debate if your questions is the one selected.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

I had a very interesting experience applying to this company. This company records all of your interviews and conversations during the phone and onsite interviews. The phone interview was non-technical and is just for them to ask questions about your resume and gage your interest in the company. Before the onsite interview, you have to complete one of two 3-hour coding challenges (you can choose to do both) and multiple personality tests (i.e. An extensive Myers-briggs, Workplace Personality Inventor, and a team dimensions profile). The technical interview was straightforward and a lot of fun but the other portion of the interview was just to see the candidate's critical thinking in general. I received a list of many topics to discuss which had no relevance to technology. The topic we discussed was whether or not the US should have a death penalty. I didn't really get the point of the discussion and it came across during the interview - I couldn't direct the conversation to where they were trying to bring it. They told me that I was a bright candidate but just needed more experience and to apply next year. This company has a very unique culture so absolutely research it before interviewing with them. It'll probably be good to skim through Ray Dalio's Principles which are available on their website. They company believes in strong transparency and from what I observed, the employees need thick skin to be successful there.

Interview Questions
  • Discuss was whether or not the US should have a death penalty
3 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Feb 2014

Interview

There was a meet and greet event the night before - not super important to go to imo. Asked to bring a topic to a group interview. My interview was only 2 candidates, but that was because someone scheduled did not show up. They randomly select one person's topic and you discuss it for ~50 min. The interviewers moderate the discussion - the two present for my interview were both philosophy majors and they would probe your answers pretty in depth. Barely asked any questions about resume - only briefly in the last 5 minutes. With such a unique company culture, they're really looking for fit.

Interview Questions
  • Not the main discussion point, but when we went around introducing ourselves, they asked what our favorite book was.
RSS Feed</>Embed