Bridgewater Associates Assistant Trader (Execution Only) Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2011

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 622 interviews

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in May 2010

Interview

Phone interview was 30 minutes, got asked questions that weren't related to trading or markets. They wanted to know mostly about my current positions and how I saw my teamwork skills. Interview was very honest and he told me at the end what he thought was good about me and what concerned him (very frank). I got an email saying they wanted me to come in for a day interview at their headquarters. Interview in CT started with two quick tests - one had 10 to 15 math problems, and you had to answer as many as you could in a minute. For each wrong answer, you'd get -1 points and each right would get you +1. No calculators allowed, these were mental math problems (basic adding, multiplying, dividing i.e. what's 7 x 39 ). The second test was 10 minutes or so, and the questions were multiple choice and more involved (pattern recognition, SAT-type analogy questions, etc). After that, they put me and 3 candidates in a room together (never had that before) and invited 2 of their traders to have a discussion with us. The traders gave us various topics to discuss and debate out loud, meanwhile taking notes on our discussions and guiding them along (i.e. asking us to elaborate on our points more, follow up questions, etc etc). The questions were strange: should torture be legal? should universal healthcare exist? After the group interview, I got invited for a quick 1 on 1 with one of their traders. Got asked about my attention to detail and why I chose to answer some of the discussion questions in the way that I did. After that, I got told that that'd be all for the day. A week later got an email that they won't be pursuing any further.

Interview Questions
  • Should torture be legal?
    2 Answers
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed