Find jobs for Investment Associate Intern

Bridgewater Associates Investment Associate Intern Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 629 interviews

Campus Recruiting25%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Highly efficient and candid. One of the most enjoyable recruiting experiences. Except for the phone screening, which was about motivation and backgrounds, all rounds were centered around discussions about open ended questions. Highly intellectually stimulating

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in Sep 2021

Interview

First round was a 2 hour group discussion about a philosophy problem. Second round was a 45 minute discussion about a philosophy / politics question. Final round was the same as second round.

Interview Questions
  • If you could press a button and everyone alive currently would live forever, would you and way? Should the United States government provide economic compensation for individuals who lose jobs due to automation?
    Answer Question

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Two rounds with debate tournament like prompts, no technical investment knowledge required. What matters is your ability to respond to their criticism of your arguments and the clarity of your frameworks when approaching a question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Jun 2020

Interview

Initial call with recruiter, written assignment, and three rounds of interviews throughout a 4-week span. All interviews were virtual due to the pandemic. First was one-on-one with a more senior employee, second was with two newer hires, and third was a contingent interview (offered I think due to my weaker performance in the second round). All interviews focused around discussion of some philosophical open-ended question, which was meant to assess how you think, how analytic you are, how well you justify your points, and your ability to synthesize your arguments. Interviews were pretty fun. Recruiter was very sweet, and even offered me feedback on my performance before my third round. Despite all the "cult-y" talk about the company everyone I talked to was pretty down to earth, although very smart.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Sep 2019

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews. We were brought together for a dinner in between them for the recruiters to get to know us better, and two interviews were debates within a group of applicants w/ 2 recruiters present. One additional 1-1 session.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Hanover, NH) in Jul 2008

Interview

The interview process is a bit strange -- you are grouped with about 5 or 6 other interviewees in one conference room with one or two moderators from Bridgewater, and the entire interview is structured as a debate and an open argument. Each interviewee is asked to bring along a discussion topic and to take a position on the topic he or she presents. Following the interview, applicants are informed usually within 24-48 hours whether they have received offers or not. For the internship, there was no "super day" full of interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Due to the free form nature of the interview, the entire process depends on who is in the interview room with you and on your ability to defend or argue a point. There is no one most difficult or unexpected question.
1 person found this interview helpful