Bridgewater Associates Investment Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 53 of over 623 interviews

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Interview questions were essentially debate prompts. I was asked about my stance on a topic and had to defend or concede objections that the interviewers brought up. There were 2 rounds, with two interviewers in each. I think usually there is a group interview, but not in my recruiting cycle because of covid.

Interview Questions
  • What is your stance on COVID stay at home orders?
    Answer Question

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

several simple questions. standard phone call. basically get to know you and how you understand Bridgewater. Prepare questions to ask them. Just relax and enjoy your conversation. Know yourself very well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

A brief phone call followed by 2 1:1 case studies interview. Phone call was 50 mins mainly background checking, HR was super nice and the talk was chill. First case study was with a member from portfolio construction team, 1 hour step-by-step case study trying to test how you think about and solve problems.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Jun 2020

Interview

I was contacted via email by a campus recruiter from Bridgewater and scheduled an informal meeting with her. She told me about the company structure and what I would do as an intern there. Then she asked some questions regarding experiences from my resume. After that I was invited to Associates Video Interview which was held via zoom.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Recruited via my university's career fair, interviewed near my college campus. Several rounds of philosophical interviews, dissecting moral and ethical questions and probing my ability to respond to 'devil's advocate'-esque challenges to points that I made.

Interview Questions
  • Is it ethical to conduct double blind scientific experiments without participants' explicit consent under any circumstances?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Stamford, CT) in Oct 2019

Interview

Had a first round in person interview, then was flown out to CT for a second in-person interview. Both consisted of 1-on-1 and group interviews with the other candidates, and both processes lasted a couple hours. 1-on-1 is with a Bridgewater employee talking about a certain topic of interest, and the group interviews are just like discussion panels with the other interviewees to see who pulls out good insights from a general conversation on a topic.

Interview Questions
  • Generally varies, just discussion based, want to know how you think. Eg. How would you reform the current education system/university admissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Boston, MA) in Sep 2019

Interview

Very strange interview process. Before I interviewed I filled out various personality tests. I was then interviewed in a WeWork in my school's city. The first round was a group interview with 6 or so other applicants and two Bridgewater employees. The second round was a 2 on 1 interview with two Bridgewater employees. Both rounds were centered around philosophical topics and were essentially debates/discussions with no technical or personal components.

Interview Questions
  • Should we ban psychologically manipulative advertising?
  • Are you concerned about the rise of bio-engineering technologies?
2 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Apr 2019

Interview

First round - philosophical discussion with another IA Second round - philosophical discussion with two IAs Laid back, treat it like an intense debate you have with a friend, where you're passionate but also willing to accept when you say something dumb

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The most memorable interview was a discussion with multiple other candidates at the same time. It was fairly collaborative and mostly just an interesting conversation. After that there were some follow on discussions that were one on one. The people there are very smart.

Interview Questions
  • Highly abstract and conceptual questions (from components of a just society to how we should think about death).
4 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

There were students set to debate eachother on open topics to examine how they think. Second round involved individual talking and problem solving. The second round also involved another debating portion with higher executives.

Interview Questions
  • What will happen with technology taking over jobs in the future
Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Interviews