Bridgewater Associates Investment Associate Summer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 629 interviews

Recruiter7%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Washington, DC) in Oct 2021

Interview

The first round interview essentially consists of the interviewer meeting with a group of about 4 candidates. They give you one question and you all discuss it for about an hour. The interviewer will let the interview progress naturally and see how candidates interact with each other, and then add a new twist into it to see how you all respond. The question had nothing at all to do with finance. I didn't get invited for a second-round and was never given a reason, but I'd say I walked away feeling like I was given a fair shot. They seem to place a lot of emphasis on testing what's under the hood.

Interview Questions
  • If you could press a button to go back to 1940, before nuclear weapons were invented, would you press it - bearing in mind that if you did humanity would never technologically advance past its current point?
    Answer Question

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

There's a group discussion and then a one on one (or a two on one). Minimal focus on actual finance (they believe they'll have to re-teach everything anyway), so the discussions are about broader socio-political or sometimes ethical questions. Focus is on the ability to systematically explain your thinking ("what's your framework?") Having a super clear reasoning tree is helpful.

Interview Questions
  • They actually let interviewees suggest their own questions sometimes.

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Multiple rounds of debate-like moral and philosophical questions and a smattering of resume and behavioral questions. Mainly to test decision-making abilities and your overall argumentative skills rather than in-depth knowledge of finance or current affairs.

Interview Questions
  • How to invest a certain amount of money from a government perspctive

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Jul 2020

Interview

I had to write two small essays from a list of ten questions, and then interviewed with two analysts for around 45 minutes about whether homeschooling is better than a public school education.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

2 rounds of group discussion and a 2-on-1 interview. Unlike any other finance interview, Bridgewater does not ask technical questions. The discussions are focused on philosophical or political questions that will challenge your thinking process.

Interview Questions
  • Should dead people have right? Should government regulate people's lifestyle? Under what circumstances should technological progress be stalled? Do corporations like Facebook have the responsibility to regulate inaccurate, extreme political discourse online?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT) in Nov 2016

Interview

Initial application and several psychological tests/ personality quizzes. This was followed by an invitation to interview at bridgewater's offices, a short video interview, and 2 interactions on the super day

Interview Questions
  • We were asked to discuss a philosophical question, first in a group, and then individually.

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Nov 2016

Interview

Online application(including some personality type tests)---> Video interview--->First round (on campus, group discussion)--->Second/Final round (on campus, group discussion+1-1 or 2-1 interview) The interview process varies for target-schools and non-target schools. Mine's a target school, and the process is simplier. For the final round, some of the kids did a 2-1 interview (basically discuss philosophical question with two interviewers), some did a 1-1 behavioral with one interviewer. There are also people who do on-site interview, which is also a group discussion.

Interview Questions
  • Group discussion (philosophical questions, each applicant needs to prepare a question for the group interview)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2016

Interview

Round table discussion of random topic, about an hour in length. There were two moderators, 6 people in total. The moderators would sometimes interject and add on questions. It was a tough interview because they really grill you on your thoughts and ask you extended questions. It can be hard if you don't know that much about the topic the people choose to discuss

Interview Questions
  • What is your opinion on whether everyone should be allowed to vote?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Aug 2016

Interview

Received email from recruiter, scheduled an informational interview, applied online, and was invited to interview on-site about two weeks later. The interview consisted of a one-on-one debate and a group debate (where the interviewers chose among the questions we came prepared with). Before we came on-site, we were also asked to do a video interview and to take a battery of personality assessments.

Interview Questions
  • Affirmative action in college admissions Should the US government regulate unhealthy foods?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in Feb 2016

Interview

Application was online, they had you watch like 6 videos and then answer some short answer questions about why you want to work there. Then there was a recorded video interview and a group discussion for the first round. This was really fun! It was about a philosophical topic and everyone at the table just kind of discussed it. The second round was the same as the first with the group discussion. Then there was a one on one interview that was kind of weird. I walked out having no idea how I felt that it went. Obviously it wasn't good but I wouldn't know because it's been one month and they haven't contacted me. I was impressed with their process but the lack of communication is very unprofessional and completely goes against their "commitment" to radical honesty.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews