Bridgewater Associates Management Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 47 of over 629 interviews

Recruiter16%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Dec 2017

Interview

The interview was a day long process that consisted of a generic interview, a case study, and a group discussion. Before the interview, candidates are required to take out personality assessments and familiarise themselves with the Bridgewater culture through a series of videos, which gives an incisive look into what the culture really is about and allows candidates to decide whether they see that as fit for them. Following this, you are invited to its office in CT for a day long interview. Each interview is conducted with a different interviewer and the questions are structured to prod the candidate on his/her way of thinking and provide tough, critical feedback on the spot. The interviews are undoubtedly some of the smartest people I have met, with a lot of depth as a result you leave each interview slightly shaken, but also inspired/learning something new about yourself. The interview process as a whole is one of the most insightful and intellectually rigorous/rewarding process that I have been through. Go in expecting to be challenged, and the process - regardless of the outcome - will be very rewarding.

Interview Questions
  • Questions such what is your greatest accomplishment, what is you greatest obstacle, what are you are long term goals, what are values that are important to you and why?
    1 Answer
4 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

It was an online interview. On the screen I would be given a prompt and approx 2 minutes to prepare and then my answer would be recorded. There were only four or five questions in total and I was given a response the very next day.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were meant for the interviewee to reflect on two sides of a debate and select one stance to support.

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

3 rounds: resume, personality test and final interview. Final interview consisted of a group discussion and two personal interviews. Group discussion involved digging deep into a socially relevant topic that had no obvious right/wrong answer

Interview Questions
  • Talk about your life experiences, your goals and achievements and the motivations behind them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Princeton, NJ)

Interview

I interviewed through campus recruiting. They have a group interview where you are expected to debate a topic provided by the interviewees and then an individual fit interview with some short case studies or brain teasers. For the former, they seem to look for candidates who can argue forcefully and decisively, rather than those who weigh all sides. You should also respond appropriately to others comments. They give a response the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you fill Madison Garden in one day?

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

submitted response online via university recruiting, was invited to first round group discussion interview. each person had to prepare a discussion question in advance, and the moderator picked one. highly enjoyable and great discussion, however received notification that evening that i had not been selected to move forward. they provided some generic feedback which was nice. overall good experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Phone Call by a recruiter, then a set of online personality tests that took roughly 2 hours. Never received any feedback once the exams were completed and sent in. Company culture is extremely important to Bridgewater, especially in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Princeton, NJ) in Feb 2016

Interview

Very different from other interviews - had you talk about your personal life via Sonru, fill out a ton of personality tests, and showcase your "discussion skills" in an open-ended debate-style discussion where the interviewers mainly watched, sometimes interjecting to keep things on pace. It felt kind of weird because there were certain people who were eager to talk and talked over others, but I wasn't sure if that was something they liked or disliked. Overall, it was hard to tell what they were looking for, and whether or not what they were looking for would actually be shown through the open group discussion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Jan 2016

Interview

I received an email from a Bridgewater recruiter to apply for a position. I made it through the initial process and had a first round interview. It was a group interview and made me feel fairly uncomfortable with the way that they wanted to know if I would be able to handle the intensity of the job and the intense, competitive culture there. As well as the debate with other students, which became too much for me.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Cambridge, MA) in Jan 2016

Interview

Applicants filled out a brief application form. Those who were then invited for interviews (which may have been everyone) were asked to take a series of personality tests. The first round interview was a group discussion about a philosophy question; each applicant proposed a question, and the interviewers selected one. Three Bridgewater employees—all of them Investment Associates, not Management Associates—observed us; only one of them spoke.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Application

Interview

The interview process was interesting. First round involved basic questions and answers and second round involved discussion group questions. Everyone came with a question which they had to share with the group and then one question was picked and then debated on.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to push a button to eliminate death, will you push it?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Interviews