Bridgewater Associates Management Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.5

45 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT).

Interview

3 rounds: resume, personality test and final interview. Final interview consisted of a group discussion and two personal interviews. Group discussion involved digging deep into a socially relevant topic that had no obvious right/wrong answer

Interview Questions

• Talk about your life experiences, your goals and achievements and the motivations behind them   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bridgewater Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

I interviewed through campus recruiting. They have a group interview where you are expected to debate a topic provided by the interviewees and then an individual fit interview with some short case studies or brain teasers. For the former, they seem to look for candidates who can argue forcefully and decisively, rather than those who weigh all sides. You should also respond appropriately to others comments. They give a response the same day as the interview.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

submitted response online via university recruiting, was invited to first round group discussion interview. each person had to prepare a discussion question in advance, and the moderator picked one. highly enjoyable and great discussion, however received notification that evening that i had not been selected to move forward. they provided some generic feedback which was nice. overall good experience.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

Phone Call by a recruiter, then a set of online personality tests that took roughly 2 hours. Never received any feedback once the exams were completed and sent in. Company culture is extremely important to Bridgewater, especially in the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Princeton, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Very different from other interviews - had you talk about your personal life via Sonru, fill out a ton of personality tests, and showcase your "discussion skills" in an open-ended debate-style discussion where the interviewers mainly watched, sometimes interjecting to keep things on pace. It felt kind of weird because there were certain people who were eager to talk and talked over others, but I wasn't sure if that was something they liked or disliked. Overall, it was hard to tell what they were looking for, and whether or not what they were looking for would actually be shown through the open group discussion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in January 2016.

Interview

I received an email from a Bridgewater recruiter to apply for a position. I made it through the initial process and had a first round interview. It was a group interview and made me feel fairly uncomfortable with the way that they wanted to know if I would be able to handle the intensity of the job and the intense, competitive culture there. As well as the debate with other students, which became too much for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Cambridge, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applicants filled out a brief application form. Those who were then invited for interviews (which may have been everyone) were asked to take a series of personality tests. The first round interview was a group discussion about a philosophy question; each applicant proposed a question, and the interviewers selected one. Three Bridgewater employees—all of them Investment Associates, not Management Associates—observed us; only one of them spoke.

Application

Interview

The interview process was interesting. First round involved basic questions and answers and second round involved discussion group questions. Everyone came with a question which they had to share with the group and then one question was picked and then debated on.

Interview Questions

• If you had to push a button to eliminate death, will you push it?   2 Answers

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates.

Interview

I was sent an e-mail to apply. I applied, and was invited to a first round interview. The interview was a debate-like conversation based on questions provided by applicants. We talked for about an hour, and facilitators jumped in with questions.

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in October 2015.

Interview

After a resume submission I was contacted for a first round interview. The first round was a group interview. We gave brief introductions, and then were asked to pose a "challenging question." Then the 2 interviewees picked one of these challenging questions and had us discuss it openly. That was the interview.

Interview Questions

• Ask a challenging question.   1 Answer