Bridgewater Associates Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 636 interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in May 2021

Interview

I was applying for a technical project manager role for the Investment Engine. I only had 2 interviews, but stopped because of a different offer. I had a great experience both rounds. I felt that the conversation flowed naturally, but you should be prepared to logically articulate why your experiences make you an ideal fit for the role. The best part of the experience was how flexible and fast they were with accommodating my interviews given my circumstances. If I lived closer, I would’ve taken the offer.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between agile and normal project management?
    Answer Question

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in May 2018

Interview

The interview process began with 4 personality tests and various case studies on the culture of the firm. Then I had an hour long phone screening with a recruiting rep whose job was to figure out where I would fit best within the firm then begin the process of determining if I was a "culture fit." I was invited up to HQ in CT where I had a full day of interviews ranging from a group problem think to culture tapes to a lot of 1:1s (six to be exact). I then went through another phone screening for positions they were still interested in me for and asked if the feeling was mutual. I went up for a second full day of interviews that involved 7 1:1s with a case studies in almost every meeting. Nothing can really prepare you for this process except for really being clear in what your limits are and your motives for working at the firm. Ask as many insightful and original questions that you can. They can sense falseness so it is almost pointless to be anything but genuinely yourself (as easy as that sounds). At the end of the day, they are most interested in the individuals who are the right "culture fit" and if you are then great, but if not Bridgewater is probably not the place for you to work anyways.

Interview Questions
  • Interviewer: Do you think I am doing a good job of interviewing you?
  • Interviewer: How do you deal with people who are stubborn and refuse to like you?

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in Jun 2016

Interview

Time consuming process, between the tests, videos, and interviews. But very interesting and had many great conversations. I interviewed for a relatively new internal group that didn't seem to have a well defined structure—but the interviews were more conversations than tests which was a great way to interact.

Interview Questions
  • They explained how they used software to judge people's skills, then asked my opinion of their process.

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Feb 2016

Interview

At first, a recruiter found me, talked me into applying the company because of my background and experiences. I need finish a questionaire and a personality test (Briggs Meyers Type). After a month, hiring manager had a 1:1 phone interview with me and then scheduled the on-site interview. After that, background check, reference checking, even including getting my past reviews (optional, but I did provide).

Interview Questions
  • Describe things you've done in the past then question you on various areas, kind of behavior interview. Also culture fit interview, let you reflect on self. In addition, bring you in the actual environment and see how you interact with future colleagues.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT)

Interview

Phone call, a whole bunch of personality/work-style questionnaires, a phone interview with an outside consultant evaluating the stage of your career, then spend a whole first round getting dragged up to Westport, CT to read, hear, talk, and learn about their *unique culture* (in a nutshell, "harsh criticism makes you better"). Will call you last minute and ask you to get come up tomorrow (claiming a sudden opening). Tries to play this psych game, but ultimately felt disrespected. And all to work at a hedge fund.

Interview Questions
11 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

The process was very quick from the contact to being brought in for the interview. However, I was not given a job description for the job I was interviewing for and it ended up not being in a department I wanted to work it. The interview took 5-6 hours and it was for a job I didn't even want.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of how you gave criticism to someone you worked with.

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

I was set up with the interview through a recruiter, and there was a relatively quick turnaround process. I was at Bridgewater for four hours, very impressed with the team. There were three different interviews, including a "case study" that ended up going in a lot of different directions (so don't assume that the entire conversation will be based on one topic). Most of the other accounts here seem to be accurate. Don't bother trying to lie or pretend to be something you're not.

Interview Questions
  • They will devote much of an interview/conversation to a small part of your resume.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Feb 2011

Interview

I was contacted by the HR department at Bridgewater to have a phone interview about a project management position in their Westport office in February of 2011. The call was scheduled within a few days and was with 2 men. I looked them up on Linkedin prior. One was employed with Bridgewater for 3 months (and is not now), the other almost 4 years. I called internally and asked a few people I knew there some questions before my call.. Two of the people I spoke to asked me to get them out of Bridgewater. Two believed that they couldn't work anywhere else All quoted an insane amount of turn-over in IT. 1 year lifespan for most. I heard all about the bonus pledging, sounds interesting and profitable. OK on to the phone interview... I've been a PM or a Senior Level Manager for top three global investment banks for the past 14 years. I have moved an exchange, built several trading floors throughout the world, and managed as many as 5 directs with a total staff of ~50. I'm no CIO, and I'm certainly not a newbie. I couldn't answer one of the questions that was being asked by the one of the men, it just didn't make any sense to me. When I questioned him, he become frustrated quickly. He began cursing and shouting into the phone. Clearly an ill-masked test. I stopped him and said, "thanks for your time, I'm not into hazing interviews or being tested over an introductory phone interview for an IT job. Shouldn't we be doing this in person"? They liked my candid and I quote "ballsy response" and was invited in. Like a moron I declined. I should have gone all the way through and told them I wasn't interested, but I was too lazy to drive up to Westport to do so. Next time!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed