Bridgewater Associates Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 623 interviews

Applied online14%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in Jul 2014

Interview

Applied online through the website and got a phone call to set up 30 minute phone interview which then led to an in person interview. Phone interview was with a recruiting company that screens all applicants before they are considered by the actual company.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was not very difficult. Typical questions like why Bridgewater, past experience, about me, etc.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Mar 2013

Interview

Watched some culture tapes and then spoke with 2 interviewers. Did a couple of case studies. Cultural fit is most important to them (at least for this position). No matter how good you are at what you do, if you don't spend enough time thinking and enjoy the thinking process, you'll probably have a hard time working there - they told me this right after the interview that I won't fit in their culture. I don't completely agree with what they say, but I think it's good that they're being so honest, saves time for each other.

Interview Questions
  • If I ask you to jump off the plane without a parachute, would you jump?
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

I went through numerous interviews with Bridgewater for this position. Their questions are very detailed and they analyze your character in detail. The questions were often difficult to answer and they pay attention to every word you say. It is unlike any interview I have been on and It is clear that it is a very unique place to work.

Interview Questions
  • What evaluations have you been given of your work in the past?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Feb 2013

Interview

Very different than what I expected. I had been prepped/warned that it was a grueling interview process and the interviewers would tear me to shreds. It was not at all like that, it was very conversational and light. That said, my experience was atypical, I think. I did not meet with too many people, and didn't have the group debate interview, or even a phone screen initially. I was brought right in house. I had two in house interviews, and the second actually included me attending a team meeting which was interesting. They will have you take several personality tests before coming in house, and the results are taken very seriously and used a lot throughout the hiring process.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Wilton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Wilton, CT)

Interview

First interview was a phone interview and basically focused on them making sure I was a right fit for their culture. Asked a lot about why I chose what school I attended for undergrad, and about my job experience. Second interview was their "blitz" interview onsite at their office. The interview was 3 parts, one about my background where they pried into my choices and really dug into things I brushed over but didn't plan to talk a lot about. The second part was about the culture and philosophy there and questions revolving around that and the third part was a case study pertaining to a scenario that might come up as recruiting coordinator. Each part was 45 minutes long and interviewers came to me, while I stayed in one room. My head hunter was contacted later that day informing him that they would like to hire me.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in May 2012

Interview

Very funky, group setting but overall an interesting experience. Don't disagree with the moderators, as three people in my group did and none of them got offers.

Interview Questions
  • Should there be a black market for all products?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Jul 2010

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who suggested several different positions before this one in their HR department. Apparently, they were looking for someone with more experience for most of their other positions (I am a recent college grad). The first portion of the interview process was a written questionnaire asking typical questions like "Describe your biggest challenge" and "Describe a time where you used common sense." My written portion of the interview was enough for Bridgewater to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview process was pretty long (45 minutes), taped, and basically consisted of my interviewer probing me on aspects of my personality. She asked me three times what my biggest weakness was. Although the actual questions she asked weren't too bizarre, the prying, drawn-out nature of the interview was very strange. Also, she stressed the company culture and babbled a lot about "seeking complete truth" and "determining what is reality" in the workplace. Hearing her talk about it made Bridgewater's company culture seem more like a cult. Ultimately, they weren't interested because I didn't demonstrate enough interest in HR.

Interview Questions
  • How did one of your weaknesses or faults turn into a failure in the workplace or at school?
2 people found this interview helpful