Bridgewater Associates Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 636 interviews

Employee Referral25%
4.0
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Oct 2019

Interview

I have finished my interview process, and this was by far the worst experience I had with any company. The interviewer I spoke with seemed like she was trying to play mind games with me and was rude to the point of being insulting. There were so many red flags for me in this process that it just seems to not be worth it.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were pretty basic behavioral.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

I just had my first phone interview (or video interview?) yesterday. It was totally different from the previous descriptions/comments here. I got the interview invitation from the HR at BW and was scheduled an phone screen interview with one investment engineer and one investment associate.

Interview Questions
  • 1. you are a store manager. You could spend 200 visits for one year and there are total 100 stores. For each store, they have different revenue. For all the stores, the first visit will result in 2% increase in the revenue; 2nd visit -> 3%; 3rd visit -> 0; 4th visit ->0 while 5 th visit -> 10%. Come up with an algorithm to optimize the total increase in the revenue.
  • 2. you are given a set of points in two dimension. Some of them are real points from a linear line (y = ax+b) some of them are noise with the error less than 10%. Find the exact line (slope and the intercept) not the trend line
5 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Feb 2019

Interview

Recruiter -> HR manager/short personality quiz (i.e. what's the most interesting thing you've done in the last 4 years) -> 45' phone interview with an associate on an "analytical" question (reviewed below). Next would be the infamous group on-site.

Interview Questions
  • A math/logic question i.e. you are a manager in charge of 200 employees and have 100 hours to do so. If each time you check on an employee, their productivity increases by a certain amount (a schedule is given), what's the best number of times to check on employees.

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Nov 2014

Interview

1st round phone, just a screening following a personality exam 2nd round quantitative excel based model. they made you solve problems. then a hour call to explain the model you built. overall good expiernece. they also makeyou take a personailty test which was very help in determing how you. Very unique.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed