Bridgewater Associates Research Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2010

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1 of over 622 interviews

Interviews at Bridgewater Associates

Neutral100%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Bridgewater Associates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Mar 2010

Interview

After a long process of and personality/skills tests (I interviewed more than a month after submitting my resume, despite the initial contact being right after I applied), the final face-to-face interviews were a little strange. One interview was on skills/knowledge, the other consisted of typical interview questions (tell me about yourself; what did you learn from your experience at....") They really hone down on "company culture" more than anything else and in the end I'm still not sure what they are looking for. It was really hard to get a read on where the conversation was going. The interviews were audio-recorded. Although I was told there'd be a short break between interviews, I was left in a room for half an hour after an "I'll be right back." There was no "I'm sorry that took a while," or offering of a glass of water or anything while I was waiting. They just returned 30+ minutes later and started the second interview. The audio tape also stayed on while I was in the room by myself. I wasn't exactly going to make numerous phone calls discussing the interview, but it still felt weird.

Interview Questions
  • (After discussing a job experience in a field that I said was not right for me) If I were the hiring manager at that company should I have hired you?
    3 Answers