Bridgewater Associates Technology Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 629 interviews

Recruiter29%
Applied online21%
HardAverageEasy

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Nov 2018

Interview

I submitted my application for the Technology Associate position through Bridgewater's website and after about a week I received a coding challenge. The coding challenge was about a directed weighted graph and how it applies to Bridgewater. The problem was easy and I received a notice that they wanted to move forward about 2 days after I submitted my solution. Next came 2 phone interviews. The first was focused on seeing who I am and why I applied to Bridgewater. The second was technical and focused on the solution I sent. The technical call was a disappointment because the engineer I talked to obviously did not read my code before the call. We spent 45 minutes talking about how this problem was important to Bridgewater, nothing technical. After this call I received an email that they wanted to move to on-site. I setup dates and figured out when would be best to visit. Then randomly about 4 days later I received an email that they did not want to continue the interview process because all of their TA position were filled for the year. After spending hours taking coding challenges, phone calls, personality tests, and multiple interviews, I was rejected because HR couldn't figure out they had enough candidates already. Nice people, but really annoyed.

Interview Questions
  • Analyze a weighted directed graph.
    Answer Question
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Berkeley, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

The technical interview was a generic technical interview in which the interviewer started off by talking about the projects that I have done. Then we talked about the coding challenge that was sent to me a week earlier. Finally, I was questioned on data structures and algorithms fundamentals.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Nov 2016

Interview

The campus recruiters hosted a dinner for interested students referred from past interns. From there, there were several online questionnaires and personality questions, alongside a technical and personality interview through the phone. Then, there was an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
  • You and an opponent both have a copy of a set of N unique cards, each with a certain set of attributes. The attributes of a card uniquely distinguishes it from the other (N-1) cards. Your opponent chooses a particular card. You're allowed to ask your opponent yes-no questions about the type of attributes the chosen card has. What's the best strategy to minimize the number of questions you need to ask to determine the card?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Boston, MA) in Oct 2015

Interview

My recruiter was very friendly. The interview process was a telephone interview followed by an onsite (which I did through skype since i was abroad), with 3 interviews: one culture, one product management, and one technical. The interview was alright but I would definitely recommend knowing your computer science concepts well

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in May 2015

Interview

Quick interview process. I applied through a referral and was immediately contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter was very helpful and also assigned me a bunch of online aptitude tests and programming assignments which is quite difficult and time consuming. It was finding a server deadlock and they explained the question. The recruiter also set up the technical phone screen. The phone screen lasted not more than 45 minutes sprinkled with technical difficulties of the phone getting dropped. The interviewer seemed snappy because of that and seemed to have cut the interview short. The recruiter had promised to respond right away after the interview but went cold turkey on me. Would not respond to a single email (he was very prompt before the interview). Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
  • The interview question was an OOP design for the game Guess Who. It was a single technical question and you have to go into a lot of depth of the design. You have to think of each variable and function in each class that you create.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Philadelphia, PA) in Feb 2015

Interview

2 On 1.They talks a little bit about the program and themselves at the beginning. Then they asked me some basic question about my previous experience,(like which is your favorite program?) Then go to the technical part, which is to design a game. (I never played this game before, but they will tell you how it plays in detail. OO Design first, and then they ask me to design a competing computer)

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Westport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Westport, CT) in Feb 2015

Interview

Coding challenge, Personality tests, Phone screen (1), Onsite (4 interviews - mostly aimed around how you think). Overall very fair. They try to see where you might fit into the organization, and whether they need the archetype/abilities you bring to the table. Of course, like any tech interview, review material from your algos/data structures class before showing up.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Phone interview, online programming assessment, online personality tests, final round on-campus interviews. Phone interview included behavioral and technical questions. Two programming tests online that can be done in any language. Personality tests that show them what type of person you are (definitely answer honestly). On-site with technical, behavioral, and another technical interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Interview was to show the thinking abilities and values, nothing to do about skills. This was very appealing at the time. The interview also requires you to hold a level of conversations and not start about doing but better about how would you do something.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing too difficult really, perhaps one of these standard wanna-be-like-Google-and-similars "how many windows in NYC "
4 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

I applied after attending an on-campus information session. They have a strong culture of openness and honesty, and there you get somewhat of a cult vibe from the recruiters. They were all very friendly and down-to-earth, and were also surprisingly fratty, to the point of referring to each other by callsign-esque nicknames. The interview itself was with two employees at once, and featured an audio recorder so they could review my performance after the fact. We dove straight into the case, and I had the chance to ask them questions afterwards. I performed poorly on the case (it was not a good fit, and I had lost my voice and had to speak in a whisper, pretty awkward) and did not get a second round. I believe second rounds were held the very next day, and offers were given out within several days.

Interview Questions
  • The case was an open-ended invitation to identify a problem with elevators and design a software-based solution. The interviewers were aggressive about asking why I chose the topic I did, what I wanted to do with it, etc. They wanted to make sure I could have strong opinions and back them up. I think the process was supposed to mimic a three-way brainstorming session, with me coming up with ideas and them trying to pick them apart. It all felt quite fair.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews