Bridgewater Associates Trading Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 629 interviews

Employee Referral9%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Initial phone screening where they made sure you were a competent speaker. Second interview was technical and focused on knowledge of FX and different algorithms. It was nothing crazy, but just prepare

Interview Questions
  • Here is this specific algorithm x, how would you utilize it?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Bridgeport, CT) in Jun 2019

Interview

Simple at home excel case study (not timed) ==> Phone Screen ==>In person interview with 2 timed math quizzes and then 2 1:1"case studies" which were not difficult but extremely open ended and they wanted you to think out loud.

Interview Questions
  • Volume of a security has been observed for two weeks. You implement a VWAP strategy. Half the day is over, and you are only 20% filled on your order. What's your move?
  • Same time the next week now, half the day is done and 80% of the order is filled. What does this mean?
  • Was given an order book and asked to estimate fair value. Then asked to execute a trade on that order book and asked to think about how I would execute the trade and what I would need to think about. The answer they wanted was - what is your probability of getting filled at each level, and also what is the most your superior is willing to pay.
4 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Bridgewater Associates

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Applied for the job online, invited to participate in a video interview. Question would come up on the screen and I had a set amount of time to record a response. Primarily fit questions, questions about the role, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (New York, NY) in Jun 2017

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, submitted application, received video interview 3 days later. Pending response. Very generic behavioral / background questions followed by culture-specific questions and opportunity to ask them questions and fill in any gaps missed by the questioning.

Interview Questions
  • What do you expect to get out of the role? How long would it take for a person to eat all of the food in a grocery store?

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

Online personality test then a phone interview. Followed by an onsite interview involving group discussion and more behavioral questions to test if you're a good fit. A few quantitative thinking questions to test your logic and reasoning. They look for people that fit the culture more than skills in trading but having basic knowledge is definitely necessary.

Interview Questions
  • How well you doing in group discussions
2 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

A very unique experience. Began with a phone screening. I didn't have any behavioral questions for neither phone nor on-site interviews. Like most folks, I had the group 'discussion' experience where they want to hear about your logical reasoning and not convincing others to accept your arguments.

Interview Questions
  • Understand trading 101 and have strong quick thinking quant skills
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates (Bridgeport, CT) in Mar 2015

Interview

Had to watch videos about Bridgewater's culture and then took a psychological exam that took about 1-2 hours. Got a report spit out that said what type of team participant I was and described my strengths and weaknesses. Then I did a phone screen with a manager and he asked me questions about my resume and background.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a professional failure and how you learned from it.

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

I used a headhunter to get a foot in the door. After a pre-screen including several personality tests I had a 30 minute phone interview probing my background. While they emphasized no prior experience was required, they wanted to make sure I had demonstrated the appropriate interest in trading and finance before. It took over a month before they could schedule me for an interview. They provide a lot of resources online, including Ray Dalio's 'Principles', you will want to read these and really figure out if the culture is attractive to you or not. The interview process lasted from 8 to 3, and they will cut it off at any time if you're not what they're looking for, they are frank about that. I won't reveal the details of the interviews but I think being personable, energetic, smart, and applying parts of the principles where appropriate go a long way. Receiving feedback on an offer took about 10 days, there were a few delays outside of either parties control.

Interview Questions
  • During the group discussion portion, they will provide one or two topics, randomly drawn from their database of questions. Be prepared to think on the cuff about something unrelated to finance that you may known little about.
4 people found this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates

Interview

I have a quick phone interview with them. They only spend 15 min with me. They didn't talk a lot about this position. I really don't know what they are looking for. I didn't receive face to face interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Bridgewater Associates

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bridgewater Associates in Jul 2014

Interview

I applied online. Prompt follow up by Recruiting Associate. Was asked to complete the Bridgewater Experience, it was required. It was mainly behavioral and psychological. The recruiter then followed up to set up a phone interview. I then interviewed with my to be team lead. The whole process took about 6 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing very difficult, mainly an extension of the behavioural questions. More relevantly, why do you want the position? What makes you think you can succeed at the job? Also, going through your resume and highlighting relevant experience.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews