Brigham Young University (BYU) Computer Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham Young University (BYU) Computer Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Asked for experiences in dealing with difficult problems or situations. Asked to demonstrate how an issue would be resolved with little background information given for context. This was done in two parts with similar questions posed in each.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult people in past work experiences?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Met the boss. He talked about any prior experience I had. I did custodial. He was more interested in the fit and interest than if I was qualified. I did custodial prior to this so hopefully that is telling.

Interview Questions

• How to ping a printer? How to repair a hard drive problem? How to re-image a mac?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2009.

Interview

Told my friend I needed a job and he said he'd look into it. He gave me his supervisor's e-mail, I submitted a resume and got called up for an interview a couple of weeks later.
    The interview was laid back, I just wore a collared shirt and slacks. The two supervisors hadn't even looked over my resume ahead of time. After a few basic behavioral questions, they asked if I was color blind. They didn't explicitly tell me I had the job, but the way they joked around it was fairly clear. I got the phone call a few days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a fellow employee who you don't get along with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2008.

Interview

Applied online, went in for 1-on-1 with manager, then met with current tech to have knowledge/skills test