Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.2

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Small panel of two supervisors and a student leader. They had come prepared with the same sheet of paper and each took turns asking different questions. The interviewers were pretty quiet and didn't engage much during the interview. I think that I had the interview on Wednesday and then they called me with an offer on Monday or Tuesday the next week. So overall the process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could be any animal what I would be and why   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU).

Interview

Just a grad application requires.They contact you in a couple of months, with the initial offer. Fixed salary for 5 yrs (Phd). No bonuses. This is for inernational students. For within states, you have to appear in person for an interview

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) in June 2016.

Interview

Professor called and asked about my skills but more importantly my commitment to the students. It was really friendly and low-key. They are questions would would expect, with most of the interview being informative about the position.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing you would have changed about the class when you took it.   1 Answer

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Submitted: Cover Letter, CV, Teaching Statement, Research Statement, and unofficial copies of Transcripts.
    I was contacted by phone and invited to interview.
    Interview consisted of three parts: giving a presentation on campus, meeting with faculty, and an interview with a member of the General Authority. The presentation was limited to a 25 minute mini lecture and in class activity to demonstrate how I can enhance student engagement and facilitate higher level problem solving skills followed by a brief question and answer session from the audience (faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students). After the presentation I met with five members of the department, the Department Chair, and the Dean. The following day I was interviewed by a member of the General Authority at their main office in Salt Lake City.

Interview Questions

• Faculty questions: Why do you want to work for here? What classes do you feel you can teach? How would you include undergraduates in your research? What is your teaching philosophy? What accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction in your research?   Answer Question
    • General Authority question: "What would you do if a student of yours told you he or she was gay?"   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was an intern in the program I now help coordinate. The interview really was my project, but they called me in for a formal interview and asked me what made me qualified to be the internship director/program coordinator. I didn't get the job from that interview, but I did get a research position in the same company. After the summer, one of the people they hired didn't work out so they had an open spot and asked me to fill it.

Interview Questions

• How my experience in the program had prepared me to mentor other students.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I got a good grade in a class, so the professor contacted me. I sat down and talked about my life and goals, and they had me talk to their colleague. After they described their research, they asked me if I was interested, and then we talked about price. I should have asked for more.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

They ask a lot of questions, normally done by the person conducting the projects, they're really fun if you already have a relationship with them but not so much fun if you dont. Easy job to get just be nice to others and it really isnt that difficult.

Online Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Rexburg, ID) in January 2016.

Interview

You do an interview with HireVu where you answer some general questions. After that you take an online test, and go through a 3 week course to see if you qualify. If you qualify you will go through another paid 3 week course to train you before the semester starts.

Interview Questions

• How can you involve the Gospel of Jesus Christ in teaching your subject?   Answer Question

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied at the LSB, and it was an interview with the head secretary and the financial secretary. They mainly asked questions about my cover letter and resume. There were no situational questions

Mechatronics Lab Instructor Interview

Application

Interview

No interview. Usually you are qualified and hired based on your grade in that particular class. If grades are not all that great then you can usually get the job if you speak with the professor and show genuine interest and desire for the subject.