Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions in Provo, UT | Glassdoor

2.2

132 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in September 2017.

Interview

simple interview with Advisor and committee chair. There were common questions and a few role play opportunities. I didn't even dress up. I wore a short sleeve collared button up and shorts. It was a very relaxed environment

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student came to you and asked if they can skip ME 191 (a required class)?   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Asked for experiences in dealing with difficult problems or situations. Asked to demonstrate how an issue would be resolved with little background information given for context. This was done in two parts with similar questions posed in each.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult people in past work experiences?   Answer Question

Accounting Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

It was simple and straight forward; all I did was sending an email to the professor I really liked and then we had a phone interview and that's all.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do accounting research?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Application

Interview

2 days of interviews meeting with faculty, students, department chairs, deans, administrators, and church leaders. I also gave a presentation to all faculty, taught a class, and had breakfast, lunch, and dinner with select faculty.

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Low key and they accept almost everyone because of a high turn over. You need to have a good work ethic and have manners and act properly. You show up in the office and they have a quick chat and ask when you can start.

Brand Lab Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Really basic interview process. First you interview with a few students from the Brand Lab team. They will ask you generic interview questions. They want students who are looking for resume "experience" as the first semester is unpaid. They want to know you will work hard and put effort in even without monetary rewards.

The second part is a few days later with the manager. He will ask you straight up if you are okay with "paying your dues" the first semester and not being paid. If you are chill with that then - you're hired!

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Met the boss. He talked about any prior experience I had. I did custodial. He was more interested in the fit and interest than if I was qualified. I did custodial prior to this so hopefully that is telling.

Interview Questions

• How to ping a printer? How to repair a hard drive problem? How to re-image a mac?   1 Answer

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an overall pretty easy interview. Just asked about my interest and some background information. They also asked about teaching style and handling a classroom of many people.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Small panel of two supervisors and a student leader. They had come prepared with the same sheet of paper and each took turns asking different questions. The interviewers were pretty quiet and didn't engage much during the interview. I think that I had the interview on Wednesday and then they called me with an offer on Monday or Tuesday the next week. So overall the process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could be any animal what I would be and why   Answer Question

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Submitted: Cover Letter, CV, Teaching Statement, Research Statement, and unofficial copies of Transcripts.
    I was contacted by phone and invited to interview.
    Interview consisted of three parts: giving a presentation on campus, meeting with faculty, and an interview with a member of the General Authority. The presentation was limited to a 25 minute mini lecture and in class activity to demonstrate how I can enhance student engagement and facilitate higher level problem solving skills followed by a brief question and answer session from the audience (faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students). After the presentation I met with five members of the department, the Department Chair, and the Dean. The following day I was interviewed by a member of the General Authority at their main office in Salt Lake City.

Interview Questions

• Faculty questions: Why do you want to work for here? What classes do you feel you can teach? How would you include undergraduates in your research? What is your teaching philosophy? What accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction in your research?   Answer Question
    • General Authority question: "What would you do if a student of yours told you he or she was gay?"   1 Answer