Brigham Young University (BYU) Interview Questions in Provo, UT | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.2

Wait Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Low key and they accept almost everyone because of a high turn over. You need to have a good work ethic and have manners and act properly. You show up in the office and they have a quick chat and ask when you can start.

Brand Lab Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Really basic interview process. First you interview with a few students from the Brand Lab team. They will ask you generic interview questions. They want students who are looking for resume "experience" as the first semester is unpaid. They want to know you will work hard and put effort in even without monetary rewards.

The second part is a few days later with the manager. He will ask you straight up if you are okay with "paying your dues" the first semester and not being paid. If you are chill with that then - you're hired!

TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

It was an overall pretty easy interview. Just asked about my interest and some background information. They also asked about teaching style and handling a classroom of many people.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle a certain bug a student would have.   Answer Question

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Met the boss. He talked about any prior experience I had. I did custodial. He was more interested in the fit and interest than if I was qualified. I did custodial prior to this so hopefully that is telling.

Interview Questions

• How to ping a printer? How to repair a hard drive problem? How to re-image a mac?   1 Answer

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Small panel of two supervisors and a student leader. They had come prepared with the same sheet of paper and each took turns asking different questions. The interviewers were pretty quiet and didn't engage much during the interview. I think that I had the interview on Wednesday and then they called me with an offer on Monday or Tuesday the next week. So overall the process was very fast.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could be any animal what I would be and why   Answer Question

Visiting Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT).

Interview

Submitted: Cover Letter, CV, Teaching Statement, Research Statement, and unofficial copies of Transcripts.
    I was contacted by phone and invited to interview.
    Interview consisted of three parts: giving a presentation on campus, meeting with faculty, and an interview with a member of the General Authority. The presentation was limited to a 25 minute mini lecture and in class activity to demonstrate how I can enhance student engagement and facilitate higher level problem solving skills followed by a brief question and answer session from the audience (faculty, graduate students and undergraduate students). After the presentation I met with five members of the department, the Department Chair, and the Dean. The following day I was interviewed by a member of the General Authority at their main office in Salt Lake City.

Interview Questions

• Faculty questions: Why do you want to work for here? What classes do you feel you can teach? How would you include undergraduates in your research? What is your teaching philosophy? What accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction in your research?   Answer Question
    • General Authority question: "What would you do if a student of yours told you he or she was gay?"   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

I was an intern in the program I now help coordinate. The interview really was my project, but they called me in for a formal interview and asked me what made me qualified to be the internship director/program coordinator. I didn't get the job from that interview, but I did get a research position in the same company. After the summer, one of the people they hired didn't work out so they had an open spot and asked me to fill it.

Interview Questions

• How my experience in the program had prepared me to mentor other students.   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I got a good grade in a class, so the professor contacted me. I sat down and talked about my life and goals, and they had me talk to their colleague. After they described their research, they asked me if I was interested, and then we talked about price. I should have asked for more.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

They ask a lot of questions, normally done by the person conducting the projects, they're really fun if you already have a relationship with them but not so much fun if you dont. Easy job to get just be nice to others and it really isnt that difficult.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied at the LSB, and it was an interview with the head secretary and the financial secretary. They mainly asked questions about my cover letter and resume. There were no situational questions