Brigham Young University (BYU) Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brigham Young University (BYU)

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Interview

I looked for this job, knocking on professors' doors in the political science department. One professor recommended me by email to another professor. The interview with that professor was really relaxed. He asked what my prior work experience was, told me generally what I would be doing. He asked me if I was capable of that. I said yes, and he hired me on the spot on a temporary basis. He liked my performance, so I was already accepted on a permanent basis just a few weeks after hire.

Really personal and personable interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your skills with statistics and Stata?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham Young University (BYU)

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a very short and simple process. I am honestly only do ing this to be able to finish this thing because it won't let me stop now with out losing every thing I have done so far.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by the graduate student who the research assistants were to help conduct research for. He informed me very well about the job and its duties, and asked about my previous experience as well. Overall, it was a very easy interview that did not require much previous experience. The graduate student was very friendly, as was the professor who we were working under, who I met after I was offered a job as a research assistant.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any job positions in the past where you were required to conduct research?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2012.

Interview

very easy! the professor chooses us based on our performance on the first test in the class, then he asks if we want the job, then if you say yes you figure out hours, etc. so straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in September 2013.

Interview

He sat down in his office and he asked me how interested I was in his research. I seemed interested and academically apt, so he offered it to me on the spot. There really isn't much more to say, I just went to his office and he brought me on his team. I'm sure every department on campus is different, but my experience was very lax.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in my research?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in June 2014.

Interview

I called a number on a job posting that I found in the Wilk and was contacted pretty quickly. It wasn't hard at all, it was just a conversation essentially seeing if the job was a good fit for my life and what was going on. He had multiple research projects going on so he was able to put me in a good place. I was told later that he had a hunch that I would be a good assistant even though in the past he had had pre-med students that weren't really interested in the research rather they just wanted to check the box off for med school applications.

Interview Questions

• You are an Exercise Science major, why do you want to do research in Plant and Wildlife Science?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was super easy. I got a good grade in a class, so the professor contacted me. I sat down and talked about my life and goals, and they had me talk to their colleague. After they described their research, they asked me if I was interested, and then we talked about price. I should have asked for more.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham Young University (BYU) (Provo, UT) in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the professor I wanted to work with. We talked about goals, background, and course work. He said that we had a test that he wanted me to do, and that we would send it to me. He also contacted one of my references. He really liked what my reference had to say, so he skipped the test and just hired me.