Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I applied to a few internships through Brigham, then was called and selected to interview for one. I was then contacted for a phone interview with the potential manager, once I made it through that round I was supposed to have a skype interview with the manager and her manager. However, they couldn't get the skype to work so we just had another phone interview and was told I'd be contacted in a week if I got the position.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very easy to schedule an interview. They were very prompt. Interview lasted 1 hour, met with 3-4 people. They gave me a few scenarios and wanted me to prioritize them

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

HR got in touch with me and facilitated the meeting with the nurse manager. They asked me a couple basic questions but I got the impression that this had no impact on my interview with the manager. The in person interview with the nurse manager lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a stressful work situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I met with the practice manager and physician seperatly. Both gave a warm and welcoming feeling. The usual HR questions were asked and felt more like a friendly conversation than an interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to almost 20 job positions and heard back about an interview a few months later. I had one interview with the nurse manager and nurse educator, then heard back 4 weeks later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you just got report and have 5 high risk patients (she described each patient), who would you see first and why?   Answer Question

Practice Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Newton, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was very conversational and easy. If you are a people person interviewing should be easy. As long as you are qualified, and understand the complexity of the role, and can achieve it, then it should be a good process for you. Believe in yourself is half the battle. Do your very best, and Good things will come to you in time.

Interview Questions

• How do I manage a busy day?   1 Answer

Transplant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the Director of Transplant Surgery and three other transplant coordinators. The majority of the questions were based on my personality, conflict resolution, and patience. The interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes. I was notified y the staffing agency I receive an offer to start a week from the date I interviewed.

Technical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application on Brigham & Women's career site and was contacted by the PI the following afternoon. A phone screen was conducted that lasted about 25 minutes. The PI asked me why I was interested in joining the research team and specifically about skills and achievements I listed on my resume. I was honest about my experiences and admitted when I lacked or had little experience in a specific technique or training. However, I showed promise through discussing my strengths and character traits. We set up an appointment for an in-person interview to take place the next day. I was asked to look at the lab's webpage and familiarize myself with research projects and published papers. The interview lasted about 3 hours, and it was very relaxed. I was showed some of the tasks I would be responsible for, and then we talked about which of the projects interested me and why. Questions came naturally, and I came prepared with a few written down, both about research topics and general employment. The PI did not ask me to go through any protocol listed on my resume or have me test my analytical or statistical skills. I talked extensively to the two other RA on staff, one that started a month ago and one that has been in the lab for a few years. They asked me standard questions such as what I majored in at school, what techniques I know, and my organizational habits. I finished up the interview back with the PI where I was asked for references, provided with a figure for salary, and told that I got the job and that it just needs to be finalized by HR.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an e-mail to set up a face to face interview, and met with the supervisor for the role(s) that I applied. This was the second and last time I applied to Brigham, I thought the first time around was just me slipping through the cracks... however, when you sit down for an interview, do a decent job in the interview, send a thank you email, and weeks later send a follow up to see if the position is filled or not and get no response... I find to be incredibly disrespectful and lazy. For this to not happen once but twice means that it may be some sort of protocol to ignore people after you brought them in for an interview and told them you'd be getting in touch with them either way. It's one thing to not respond in the first place but to set up a lengthy interview and just never respond is baffling.

It was a blessing in disguise because I ended up finding a great job that respected my skills and my time.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interviewing process required two in person interviews that each lasted approximately and hour with the individuals I would have been most closely working with. I was asked a lot of questions directly related to the population I would be working with, why I felt that I was capable of handling the job, and my concerns about the position. I was also asked how I best would handle situations with case studies.