Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interviewing process required two in person interviews that each lasted approximately and hour with the individuals I would have been most closely working with. I was asked a lot of questions directly related to the population I would be working with, why I felt that I was capable of handling the job, and my concerns about the position. I was also asked how I best would handle situations with case studies.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I was contacted by the department. I met with three different managers, one at a time, but back to back. Each manager discussed my qualifications, as well as describing the position from their point of view. I felt this style really gave me an idea of what I was working toward. I later came back to meet the chief to further discuss the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness you see in yourself and how do you manage it?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

The HR emailed me to set up an interview and was set up the following week. I was interviewed by two people. The interview was standard and was really short, lasted less than 20 minutes. The interview ended with a tour of center. They told me they would let me know if I'm hired so it was only one interview.

Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied way back in Nov/Dec 2016, was contacted mid January and did a brief phone interview/screening. It was mainly asking my schedule and the manager giving me an overview of the job. This is for per-diem so I appreciated the clarity in scheduling.

Interview Questions

• We see a lot of trauma here, how do you deal with workplace stress like that?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had multiple interviews for 3 different positions. I have worked for partners previously, have a B.A., and an impressive work background. The process of interviewing with 3 different sections of the hospital took about a month. One position I'm glad I didn't hear back from, the doctor I would've been working for seemed like a pompous soulless human being, the second one I haven't heard from/don't care about, and the third I went as far as having my references fill out the online survey, however the coordinator has not responded to my emails regarding the next steps despite telling me to email her if I had any questions. My references took the time out of their lives to fill out the survey, but the coordinator can't take time out of her day to tell me if I'm still a candidate or not? It's nice to know how this hospital operates. Keep up the good work Brigham.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't that hard. It's admin assisting, not rocket science. But apparently you need a Phd to sit at a desk all day.   Answer Question

Practice Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Three separate interviews that consisted of two management personnel and meeting the team of assistants. First met with a doctor and got a basic run down of day to day work life. Then, met with management for personality test which consisted of three situational questions in the workplace. Lastly, met with four other assistants in a casual setting to get to know each other and talk about day to day work life.

Interview Questions

• Three situation questions on how you handle certain instances dealing with co-workers and management. Have examples.   Answer Question

Interview

Came in interviewed with practice coordinator and other admins. It was pretty laid back, not too many questions. They showed me the department and described the position in detail. I shadowed the other admin's for a little bit.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with three leaders of the team. Then I heard nothing for 3 months. I called HR several times asking for an update and then 1.5 months later, saw on the "My Jobpage" on the BWH career site that my application was no longer active.

The communications throughout this process was not at all professional or considerate, especially given that it is a reputable hospital. BWH should re-consider its PR pitches that working there is all about its employees. Having gone through two other less than professional application processes at this hospital, I wonder not only how the people in HR can keep their jobs and if this is the reason why the administrative staff is less than competent.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email, and an interview was set up. There was one phone interview and one in-person interview. The phone interview was fairly brief, around 10-15 minutes and was a simple screening call. I answered some basic question. A 1:1 interview was conducted a week later and took about 40 minutes. It was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and after I had an interview in person for about 30 minutes. The questions were the usual ones that every company asks. I was interviewed by more than 1 employee. They shared their experiences at BWH, what they do for their jobs, what the admin assistant will do, and I was able to ask each of them some questions.