Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interviewing process required two in person interviews that each lasted approximately and hour with the individuals I would have been most closely working with. I was asked a lot of questions directly related to the population I would be working with, why I felt that I was capable of handling the job, and my concerns about the position. I was also asked how I best would handle situations with case studies.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

The HR emailed me to set up an interview and was set up the following week. I was interviewed by two people. The interview was standard and was really short, lasted less than 20 minutes. The interview ended with a tour of center. They told me they would let me know if I'm hired so it was only one interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had multiple interviews for 3 different positions. I have worked for partners previously, have a B.A., and an impressive work background. The process of interviewing with 3 different sections of the hospital took about a month. One position I'm glad I didn't hear back from, the doctor I would've been working for seemed like a pompous soulless human being, the second one I haven't heard from/don't care about, and the third I went as far as having my references fill out the online survey, however the coordinator has not responded to my emails regarding the next steps despite telling me to email her if I had any questions. My references took the time out of their lives to fill out the survey, but the coordinator can't take time out of her day to tell me if I'm still a candidate or not? It's nice to know how this hospital operates. Keep up the good work Brigham.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't that hard. It's admin assisting, not rocket science. But apparently you need a Phd to sit at a desk all day.   Answer Question

Practice Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Three separate interviews that consisted of two management personnel and meeting the team of assistants. First met with a doctor and got a basic run down of day to day work life. Then, met with management for personality test which consisted of three situational questions in the workplace. Lastly, met with four other assistants in a casual setting to get to know each other and talk about day to day work life.

Interview Questions

• Three situation questions on how you handle certain instances dealing with co-workers and management. Have examples.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with three leaders of the team. Then I heard nothing for 3 months. I called HR several times asking for an update and then 1.5 months later, saw on the "My Jobpage" on the BWH career site that my application was no longer active.

The communications throughout this process was not at all professional or considerate, especially given that it is a reputable hospital. BWH should re-consider its PR pitches that working there is all about its employees. Having gone through two other less than professional application processes at this hospital, I wonder not only how the people in HR can keep their jobs and if this is the reason why the administrative staff is less than competent.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by email, and an interview was set up. There was one phone interview and one in-person interview. The phone interview was fairly brief, around 10-15 minutes and was a simple screening call. I answered some basic question. A 1:1 interview was conducted a week later and took about 40 minutes. It was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

First of all, I showed up for the interview at least fifteen minutes ahead of time, having not been told anywhere specific to go. There is no reception are for visitors of the Connors Center, and when I gave the name of the woman I was expected to meet with, nobody could tell me anything. I spent something like half an hour being given the runaround and directed by security as I kept trying to get in contact with my interviewer. Then I had to wait something like another fifteen minutes for the interviewer to actually show up at the place I was told (by security) to meet her. Totally unprepared and unprofessional. I get hospitals are busy, but dear god.

The interview with her was pleasant enough, but the second one with the head of the center was nothing but judge-y. She picked apart every little thing I said and it honestly made me feel so terribly small.

Oh, and I still haven't gotten any follow up response from them since this interview took place in AUGUST.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Got contacted by email and subsequently a phone interview, talked to someone on this position and heard back two days later by email, although this person said would get back to me the next day. Overall experience was neutral

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Short interview. Most of the time, was the hiring manager who was talking. She wanted someone to start working immediately even though in my resume said I graduated in May and the interview was in February.

Interview Questions

• The classic question: Tell me a little bit more about yourself   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in for Interview and met with the lab manager, my potential mentor and the PI separately. They were very informative about the position and answered my questions in full details. They asked me for a list of references after the interview but apparently never contacted any of my references.

Interview Questions

• Favorite research experience and why? What do you know about our lab?   Answer Question