Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.8

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long and tedious with little promises. I had to keep following up and leaving messages but no one got back to me on the same day. I feel as if it took so long because I asked for a high salary and they wanted to see if they could find a candidate who wasn't asking for as much.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for another job   1 Answer

Clinical Laboratory Technoologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I applied through the web portal and was later contacted for an interview. It took a while for hooks to be cleared to actually offer me a position. It was a relaxed but sharp interview.

Interview Questions

• What set me apart from other candidates?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Lab Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2009.

Interview

I met with Co- Director and was interviewed for 15 minutes before being offered the position. I was not fully prepared for the expectations of the position but when you are in a competitive environment you have to expect that. It took a few months to connect with enough people to develop the network I needed to properly complete the projects I was assigned to complete. It was a challenging experience both as a Lab Supervisor and as a manager.

Interview Questions

• I found that communication was not straight forward. Often individuals were not clear about their timelines.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wanted to get my foot in the door. I accepted the position knowing I was worth more. One has to be realistic when you are in a very competitive organisation.

Administrative Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

There are six rounds of interviews in three hours with past fellows and three vice presidents. Talking with the vice presidents was a pleasure and exciting experience. The culture there is to pursue excellence. People there are highly educated. Their recruiting process is very professional, e.g. they mailed the detailed interview schedule and some of their brochures for us to understand the organization.

Interview Questions

• How is the Deland fellowship distinguish itself from other fellowships in other hospitals?   1 Answer

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very easy to schedule an interview. They were very prompt. Interview lasted 1 hour, met with 3-4 people. They gave me a few scenarios and wanted me to prioritize them

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Cambridge, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

got to the lab, met a few people, gave a talk, had lunch with the PI and met a few people again. it was for the whole day and the Pi had sponsored the trip. The paperwork took a long time.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself after this training?
      Why this lab specifically?
      Are you willing to go outside your comfort zone (selecting a research project)?   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

thorough, great process that helped me get good idea of job. it was good to meet the whole team. enjoyed the process. i don't have any negative experiences from the process, and would recommend brigham.

Dietetic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a a tour of the facility and discussion of the internship. This was followed by a group interview. Attendees were asked to introduce themselves and were then asked a difficult question. The internship director recorded answers and concluded the tour. This portion was optional given that the majority of the application was online but is strongly recommended.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most challenging aspect of your career so far?   Answer Question

Interviewee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 supervisors, it was very nerve wrecking. They asked what I thought the definition of racial justice was, which I had never been asked before. They had really detailed questions, I could tell they were serious about their job.

Research Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

It took a while to schedule the interview, but it was a very informative experience. I spoke to about 7 people, some of whom were very friendly others who were a bit more terse. They also seemed a little miffed about the idea of me applying for grad school in a few years. In the end they decided they wanted someone with more technical experience.

Interview Questions

• The answer (not the question) threw me on this one. "Why do you hope to do working here"
      I gave an answer about how I enjoyed the research they were doing, and how I wanted to contribute. I also said it would be nice to start to make a dent in my college loans. His answer "Well, that's not a good plan. Boston's an expensive place to live and we don't pay much."   1 Answer