Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 17, 2017

2.8

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interviewing process required two in person interviews that each lasted approximately and hour with the individuals I would have been most closely working with. I was asked a lot of questions directly related to the population I would be working with, why I felt that I was capable of handling the job, and my concerns about the position. I was also asked how I best would handle situations with case studies.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

An initial email connection, applied online, in person interview. The manager was very nice and professional. Showed me the unit and really wanted to sell the institution to me. I really enjoy the interview process and did not find it intimidating.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in August 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews. One the standard phone screening and then an in person interview. The in person was intense. I had to speak with 3 sets of people. They were all nice and welcoming. I was even given a tour around the facility.

Practice Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

short and specific questions, why I choose Brigham and women's hospitals, what is my Strength and if I am able to relocate. The interview was very interesting and I felt good during the process

Interview Questions

• Strength, why I choose Brigham, can I be able to relocate   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I was contacted by the department. I met with three different managers, one at a time, but back to back. Each manager discussed my qualifications, as well as describing the position from their point of view. I felt this style really gave me an idea of what I was working toward. I later came back to meet the chief to further discuss the position.

Interview Questions

• What is one weakness you see in yourself and how do you manage it?   Answer Question

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

The HR emailed me to set up an interview and was set up the following week. I was interviewed by two people. The interview was standard and was really short, lasted less than 20 minutes. The interview ended with a tour of center. They told me they would let me know if I'm hired so it was only one interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had multiple interviews for 3 different positions. I have worked for partners previously, have a B.A., and an impressive work background. The process of interviewing with 3 different sections of the hospital took about a month. One position I'm glad I didn't hear back from, the doctor I would've been working for seemed like a pompous soulless human being, the second one I haven't heard from/don't care about, and the third I went as far as having my references fill out the online survey, however the coordinator has not responded to my emails regarding the next steps despite telling me to email her if I had any questions. My references took the time out of their lives to fill out the survey, but the coordinator can't take time out of her day to tell me if I'm still a candidate or not? It's nice to know how this hospital operates. Keep up the good work Brigham.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't that hard. It's admin assisting, not rocket science. But apparently you need a Phd to sit at a desk all day.   Answer Question

Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied way back in Nov/Dec 2016, was contacted mid January and did a brief phone interview/screening. It was mainly asking my schedule and the manager giving me an overview of the job. This is for per-diem so I appreciated the clarity in scheduling.

Interview Questions

• We see a lot of trauma here, how do you deal with workplace stress like that?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

First of all, I showed up for the interview at least fifteen minutes ahead of time, having not been told anywhere specific to go. There is no reception are for visitors of the Connors Center, and when I gave the name of the woman I was expected to meet with, nobody could tell me anything. I spent something like half an hour being given the runaround and directed by security as I kept trying to get in contact with my interviewer. Then I had to wait something like another fifteen minutes for the interviewer to actually show up at the place I was told (by security) to meet her. Totally unprepared and unprofessional. I get hospitals are busy, but dear god.

The interview with her was pleasant enough, but the second one with the head of the center was nothing but judge-y. She picked apart every little thing I said and it honestly made me feel so terribly small.

Oh, and I still haven't gotten any follow up response from them since this interview took place in AUGUST.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

I didn't really have to interview to get the job because I worked on the floor as a traveler before getting hired. My manager already knew me so I didn't have an interview session.

Interview Questions

• As a traveler, a question the manager asked me was how well I deal with conflict.   Answer Question