Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2017

2.8

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

There was a Phone Interview with the current Research Assistant and then an in-person interview with Principle Investigator. The Research Assistant asked more about general skills (balancing priorities, what I'm looking for in a research position) and PI asked me more about my experience and why I'm interested in this specific position. Was very casual, but could definitely tell of course that they were evaluating.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you had to balance competing priorities?   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Very formal and organized interview process. I gave a presentation first and then got a chance to talk with everyone in the lab for about 20 mins. Finally, someone in the lab showed me the lab general situations. I think the main part of the interview is talking with the PI and demonstrate your research.

Interview Questions

• What's your plan for future? How long can you stay? How can you deal with difficulties in the life and research? What kind of research skills do you have? How about your family?   1 Answer

Transplant Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the Director of Transplant Surgery and three other transplant coordinators. The majority of the questions were based on my personality, conflict resolution, and patience. The interview lasted approximately forty-five minutes. I was notified y the staffing agency I receive an offer to start a week from the date I interviewed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I applied to a few internships through Brigham, then was called and selected to interview for one. I was then contacted for a phone interview with the potential manager, once I made it through that round I was supposed to have a skype interview with the manager and her manager. However, they couldn't get the skype to work so we just had another phone interview and was told I'd be contacted in a week if I got the position.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very easy to schedule an interview. They were very prompt. Interview lasted 1 hour, met with 3-4 people. They gave me a few scenarios and wanted me to prioritize them

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

After the initial phone screening, I met with the practice manager and physician seperatly. Both gave a warm and welcoming feeling. The usual HR questions were asked and felt more like a friendly conversation than an interview.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Interview

HR got in touch with me and facilitated the meeting with the nurse manager. They asked me a couple basic questions but I got the impression that this had no impact on my interview with the manager. The in person interview with the nurse manager lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a stressful work situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR for about 15 minutes. About a week later, met with the VP of Marketing and the Sr. Digital Marketing Manager to go over my previous work experience and to get an overview of the job. Got a call back about a week later saying I was accepted. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question
    • What do you view as one of the most difficult aspects to marketing?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied to almost 20 job positions and heard back about an interview a few months later. I had one interview with the nurse manager and nurse educator, then heard back 4 weeks later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• If you just got report and have 5 high risk patients (she described each patient), who would you see first and why?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got an e-mail to set up a face to face interview, and met with the supervisor for the role(s) that I applied. This was the second and last time I applied to Brigham, I thought the first time around was just me slipping through the cracks... however, when you sit down for an interview, do a decent job in the interview, send a thank you email, and weeks later send a follow up to see if the position is filled or not and get no response... I find to be incredibly disrespectful and lazy. For this to not happen once but twice means that it may be some sort of protocol to ignore people after you brought them in for an interview and told them you'd be getting in touch with them either way. It's one thing to not respond in the first place but to set up a lengthy interview and just never respond is baffling.

It was a blessing in disguise because I ended up finding a great job that respected my skills and my time.