Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brigham and Women's Hospital

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very short, less than 30 min. Interviewed by two hiring managers, and then by the two doctors I work with. First interview was in February and the second ones in June and July. The next day I got an offer

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me regarding this role and set me up with multiple short interviews the following week. During the interviews, we discussed my current position and future career and school goals as well as the job description and opportunities. The whole process went very quickly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Short interview. Most of the time, was the hiring manager who was talking. She wanted someone to start working immediately even though in my resume said I graduated in May and the interview was in February.

Interview Questions

• The classic question: Tell me a little bit more about yourself   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Cambridge, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initially, I was asked to provide a reference letter and then I was asked for an interview. The interview lasted about 2 hours, and included 30-40 minutes first with the Principal Investigator (hiring manager). Then, I was interviewed by the person I would be replacing. Lastly, I met the rest of the team and had a tour of the lab/offices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer verbally to the PI. However, I was told that HR still needed to check my references and review my CV as well as do a background check, check graduation from University and last employment. So It was about 3 weeks after accepting offer that I received an official letter of employment.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a couple of months later for an interview. The interview process involved two separate site-visits. During the first visit, I met over 2 days with faculty of my current department, the head of the department, and gave a research presentation of the science I had already done. They took me to dinner and the next day I had another full day of meetings and a "chalk-talk", where I presented work that I might like to do if I came there. Approximately a month or so later, they invited me back to spend another two days talking to people, but not giving any presentations. The offer came a month or so later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this is the right place for you to start your independent research career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Uncomfortable negotiation. They wanted to offer me less then other places. But I was able to negotiate a bonus to be used for housing, money for moving expenses, and salary.

Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied way back in Nov/Dec 2016, was contacted mid January and did a brief phone interview/screening. It was mainly asking my schedule and the manager giving me an overview of the job. This is for per-diem so I appreciated the clarity in scheduling.

Interview Questions

• We see a lot of trauma here, how do you deal with workplace stress like that?   Answer Question

RN Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

The online application was very glitchy and therefore time consuming. I got multiple error messages and ended up having to start all over again.
    Interview process was good. Met with staff and got a tour of the unit. Pretty standard interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      How would your colleagues describe you?
      What do you think you need in order to be successful in this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and came to an agreement.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process was comprehensive, supervisors and colleagues are involved and usually require a presentation. And the interview process was a normal one, it usually takes a whole day. I believe it is a good place for research, as this institute has so many world famous publications, but when I work here I got to know this institue do not support research well, scientists are much poorly paid comparing with the neighboring institute.

Interview Questions

• How do you like your current reseach   1 Answer

Regulatory Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Direct Call from Manager and was interviewed by two people. They called me for personal interview and later they cancelled position.

Process was fast. I got call for personal interview in a week.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was very brief. I was asked to give a talk of 1 hour and people asked questions after my presentation. I was also invited to have lunch with future colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions about previous research experience.   Answer Question