Brigham and Women's Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Brigham and Women's Hospital

2.7

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The department had a three stage interview process. First interview explained tasks of the job. Second didn't delve into my background or ask me many questions. It was more of a meet and greet. Third was with HR to review benefits. The job description posted was nothing like the actual position. No career path out of the department.

Interview Questions

• They asked what hospital systems I had used in the past   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with three leaders of the team. Then I heard nothing for 3 months. I called HR several times asking for an update and then 1.5 months later, saw on the "My Jobpage" on the BWH career site that my application was no longer active.

The communications throughout this process was not at all professional or considerate, especially given that it is a reputable hospital. BWH should re-consider its PR pitches that working there is all about its employees. Having gone through two other less than professional application processes at this hospital, I wonder not only how the people in HR can keep their jobs and if this is the reason why the administrative staff is less than competent.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. I was contacted by e-mail directly by the hiring manager within a week of applying and was invited for an in-person interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and the person currently in the role I was applying for. After the in-person I was asked to complete a writing assignment. After submitting the writing assignment I was invited back for a second in-person interview to meet with a few of PIs and the dept administrator. After the second in-person interview I received an e-mail from HR for reference submission. Received a verbal offer from HR within 2 days of references being successfully checked. HR was fairly removed from the entire interviewing process, but, was involved in the offer and negotiation process. I was able to successfully negotiate both salary and start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your past role(s) when you took on an increasing level of responsibility that was outside of your job description.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

After I passed the vetting process, I was brought in to meet with multiple people in multiple departments. I had a pleasant conversation with most. It felt most comfortable and relaxed than most interviews, especially for an institution of this size.

Interview Questions

• How closely do I identify with the hospital's mission statement.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

Referral from a friend

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I agreed to the terms required of a pharmacy technician and signed some forms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

Two interview process. First was with administrative leader and consisted of basic questions and insight into my background. Second interview was more personal and detailed. Took about a week to get the second interview and now I'm waiting to hear back.

Practice Assistant Interview

Interview

Went through a staffing agency, which is how most Practice Assistants get hired. Multiple call-backs to interview with several members of the team. All behavioral questions with a few questions about previous experience. Asked discriminatory and inappropriate questions that were tough to evade.

Interview Questions

• How will you balance being a mother of 2 children with your job, especially during the winter when there are a lot of snow days?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

I came in and met with the direct supervisor to the department. She asked me basic questions as to what I was looking for, and told me what the job responsibilities were. I then was given a tour of the hospital.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer didn't really ask me any specific questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Received call for interview in November then another call in December for 2nd interview. Received offer letter in January and started working in February. The whole process is very slow.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to make sure I was comfortable with dealing with patients. They gave me 2 scenarios and ask how I would handle them.   1 Answer

Practice Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in November 2015.

Interview

Met with the Nursing director and a few people in HR. Everyone was very polite and had a lot of wonderful things to say about working here. They gave me an in-depth idea of the position and we had a few scenario situations to which I had to respond.

Interview Questions

• To describe how I work under pressure and in stressful situations   Answer Question