Brigham and Women's Hospital Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview Questions

2.8

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I contacted the principal investigator directly for asking any vacancy for postdoctoral position. After two on-site interviews with PI and other faculty members, I got finally hired. My case was unusual, I did not have my research presentation in the lab meeting setting, instead I met all the faculty members by one-to-one meeting.

Interview Questions

• how do you formulated a study hypothesis out of preliminary data that they have   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham and Women's Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview with the hiring professor and subsequent meetings with (what are now) work colleagues and other department staff. It was a long day from giving a presentation to having 1 hour or 30 minute meetings with several staff members ending in a meeting with the hiring professor who intentionally had the meeting last so that I would be tired (advice being keep energy for the last person of the day).

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at that particular department   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

Reference check from three referees. it was followed by one day onsite interview. one hour presentation followed by question. 4 scientist interviewed me in their office for half an hour each.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

I contacted with the principal investigator of the current lab with the connection of my phd advisor. I was invited to fly to boston for one day visit of the lab and give a seminar. I also met with several lab members during my visit and talked with the PI about future projects. The entire process went smoothly and I was offered a postdoc position a few days after my visit.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

the process of hiring is very simple for postdoc position.
    visit of the lab, meeting coworker, face to face lunch and discussion with the PI

Negotiation

there was no negotiation in my case. postdoc salary follows NIH grids