Brigham and Women's Hospital Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Brigham and Women's Hospital

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2010.

Interview

Group interviews with cross-functional team leaders. Relaxed environment over two days of interviews. Felt welcomed and valued.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst mistake you made in a previous job. How and why did that happen. What were the repercussions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was OK. They low-balled me on salary and moving expenses, but we negotiated over a week to come to a conclusion.

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham and Women's Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

The department had a three stage interview process. First interview explained tasks of the job. Second didn't delve into my background or ask me many questions. It was more of a meet and greet. Third was with HR to review benefits. The job description posted was nothing like the actual position. No career path out of the department.

Interview Questions

• They asked what hospital systems I had used in the past   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager and then with three leaders of the team. Then I heard nothing for 3 months. I called HR several times asking for an update and then 1.5 months later, saw on the "My Jobpage" on the BWH career site that my application was no longer active.

The communications throughout this process was not at all professional or considerate, especially given that it is a reputable hospital. BWH should re-consider its PR pitches that working there is all about its employees. Having gone through two other less than professional application processes at this hospital, I wonder not only how the people in HR can keep their jobs and if this is the reason why the administrative staff is less than competent.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. I was contacted by e-mail directly by the hiring manager within a week of applying and was invited for an in-person interview. The interview was with the hiring manager and the person currently in the role I was applying for. After the in-person I was asked to complete a writing assignment. After submitting the writing assignment I was invited back for a second in-person interview to meet with a few of PIs and the dept administrator. After the second in-person interview I received an e-mail from HR for reference submission. Received a verbal offer from HR within 2 days of references being successfully checked. HR was fairly removed from the entire interviewing process, but, was involved in the offer and negotiation process. I was able to successfully negotiate both salary and start date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in your past role(s) when you took on an increasing level of responsibility that was outside of your job description.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had 3 rounds worth of 1-on-1 interviews. I interviewed with my supervisor, a physician, and the Executive Director of the department. Process took about 1.5 months. All questions were behavioral. I was approached by a recruiter about this position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you were receiving push back on a change from a critical team member?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I was contacted by and HR recruiter who put me in touch with the manager in the department that she was hiring for. I had a phone interview with 2 individuals on the call. I then came in for an in person interview where I individually interviewed with the lab manager, physicians assistant, and principal investigator. I was given a tour of the lab and had a chance to ask the RAs questions

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in October 2010.

Interview

I had an initial interview with my soon to be boss and the Director of Operations. It was a very friendly and positive interview. I was asked to meet with the department chairman that day as well, however the interview had run on so long that I needed to schedule another time to come back. I did not hear back initially, and then after I followed up, they ,are an offer. The offer was at the low end of what we had discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable moving away from direct patient contact?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - this is what I was told by the office administrator that made the initial offer when I tried to negotiate. A year later in an office meeting, this same person bragged about how much latitude there was in salary negotiations. I was livid! Don't be fooled like I was!