Brigham and Women's Hospital Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I met with my direct supervisor, as well as the administrative director. They were pretty nice/welcoming. I was able to meet the team I would also be working with. Finding the location was tricky, so I would recommend arriving early to scope the location out beforehand. They were extremely accommodating as well in regards to figuring out how to navigate the hospital.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any customer service experience? Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer/coworker.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham and Women's Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had to apply through Partners HR system. I was contacted my one of the manager for an inverview. I met with my HR manager, manager and my PI for overview of the job.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to our project?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate but it did take longer. Make sure to take your time and really know your worth during the negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very informal, met with other RAs, the lead on the particular project and the PI. Asking about relevant previous experiences and grades from school.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in August 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews. One the standard phone screening and then an in person interview. The in person was intense. I had to speak with 3 sets of people. They were all nice and welcoming. I was even given a tour around the facility.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was e-mailed 2 days after applying for the position to set up the interview. Set a date to visit a couple weeks later, but it was moved back a week due to the PI being out of town. Interview was fairly simple: first met with the hiring director, followed by the person currently holding the position, and lastly met with the P.I. All interviewers were friendly, and didn't really ask too many tough questions beyond why I wanted the job.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Applied online, was notified by HR to answer a few questions. Went in for an interview with the PI, then met with lab manager and several research fellows. After about a week was contacted by HR again with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions were asked of me, it was more of a conversation of things that were going on in the lab and what their research goals were. I believe talking about that with them gave them an understanding of my science knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was right out of college and thrilled just to have a job so I accepted what they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

My resume was forwarded to my potential boss from a BWH recruiter and he contacted me directly via email for an interview. The interview lasted approximately 40 minutes and consisted of a review of my past relevant work experience, future goals, and an explanation of how working at the position would benefit myself and how I could be a benefit to the workplace. I was also asked about my hobbies. Afterwards, I was taken on a tour of the lab, and then a tour around the research area to various important buildings. A few hours later, I received an email offering me the job and encouraging me to take the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, there is no negotiation at initial hire. All credentials are evaluated by HR. There is room for salary negotiation after 1 year of employment. Additionally, an annual 5% salary raise based on evaluation used to occur but stopped in 2010 because of financial concerns in the corporation.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

Very standard interview process. Phone interview, two rounds of onsite interview, and then wait. Ask regular questions about the basic requirements and things you put on your resume.

Interview Questions

• I applied to several different labs and they are all different. Basically most of them want to use you as a post-doc rather than an RA, so they might ask are you willing to work over-time blablabla, can you work independently etc.etc. I chose the one that didn't ask such questions.   Answer Question