Brigham and Women's Hospital Research Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Research Technician Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Went in for Interview and met with the lab manager, my potential mentor and the PI separately. They were very informative about the position and answered my questions in full details. They asked me for a list of references after the interview but apparently never contacted any of my references.

Interview Questions

• Favorite research experience and why? What do you know about our lab?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham and Women's Hospital

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted over email and did an in-person interview with entire lab group, as well as separately with the PI. Everybody was friendly, welcoming, and relaxed. It was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• General questions about previous research experience and goals.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I was initially contacted via email to set up an interview. I was living remotely at the time, and they were very open to a Skype interview to avoid travel. The interview was conducted via Skype, and was very straightforward. I essentially walked them through my resume and experiences and answered a few other basic questions. Overall the interviewer was very laid-back and it felt more like a conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• What lab techniques are you familiar with? What was your favorite experience/part of college?   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the Research Tech who'd I would be taking over for. I was asked about what previous research experience... research techniques I was proficient at... my long term plan...what I liked most about research.

In person interview with the PI I was asked the information above as well as what my weakness was.

All in all, typical research technician interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Researchers brought me into their lab and interviews for about 1.5 hours. I was shown around their laboratory and introduced to all their co-workers. Met with the lead professor, lab manager, and other people.
    Words added in order to meet the 50 word limit:
    word word word word word word word word word word word word word word word

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my previous work experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation everything was presented to me.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2010.

Interview

Quick and asked for specific examples. Whole thing took about 3 weeks. Interviewed with 2 people for about 1 hour and then recieved a call about a week later and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when your integrity was questioned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in April 2012.

Interview

I received an email to schedule an interview at the location I'd be working. The interviewer didn't mind that I dressed casual and the conversation was very pleasant and informative. The interview was with the PI that I would be working for and it lasted for about 30 minutes. I was then brought around the lab and introduced to the current research technicians working at the time. Overall, the people seemed really friendly and really tried to help give me a sense of what life would be like working at the lab.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work alone when given a new assay to learn?   Answer Question
    • What laboratory techniques have you acquired in past experiences?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I couldn't negotiate much in terms of when I would start because they needed me to come in for training before the previous technician left. It all depends on the person hiring and what they need. Don't make it too difficult on the employer by requesting too much.

Research Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital in July 2008.

Interview

Easy, with a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing. This was my first job out of college