Brigham and Women's Hospital Technical Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brigham and Women's Hospital Technical Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Brigham and Women's Hospital

Technical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application on Brigham & Women's career site and was contacted by the PI the following afternoon. A phone screen was conducted that lasted about 25 minutes. The PI asked me why I was interested in joining the research team and specifically about skills and achievements I listed on my resume. I was honest about my experiences and admitted when I lacked or had little experience in a specific technique or training. However, I showed promise through discussing my strengths and character traits. We set up an appointment for an in-person interview to take place the next day. I was asked to look at the lab's webpage and familiarize myself with research projects and published papers. The interview lasted about 3 hours, and it was very relaxed. I was showed some of the tasks I would be responsible for, and then we talked about which of the projects interested me and why. Questions came naturally, and I came prepared with a few written down, both about research topics and general employment. The PI did not ask me to go through any protocol listed on my resume or have me test my analytical or statistical skills. I talked extensively to the two other RA on staff, one that started a month ago and one that has been in the lab for a few years. They asked me standard questions such as what I majored in at school, what techniques I know, and my organizational habits. I finished up the interview back with the PI where I was asked for references, provided with a figure for salary, and told that I got the job and that it just needs to be finalized by HR.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brigham and Women's Hospital

Technical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Cambridge, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

3 different interviews, Director of the lab, lab manager, and potential co-workers.
    It normally took around 2 hours. 10 minutes waiting among each session.
    They asked you if you had any lab experience or depth of knowledge on research or clinical lab experience. they asked you how to deal with stress and dispute with co-workers.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any question for us?   1 Answer