Bright Horizons Family Solutions Assistant Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Assistant Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

2.9

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

Interviewed on phone with recruiter, director, regional director, and VP in just 2 weeks, with each level asking how much notice would need to give current employer and the regional director mentioning only interviewing one other candidate but not really needing to at this point. After radio silence for over a month in a half, received an email saying they went in another direction.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about leadership views, experiences working with parents, and crisis situations   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Rockville, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied on their site, about 2 weeks later the recruitment agency scheduled a phone interview, then an in person interview and now am waiting for a briefing with the regional director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Reston, VA).

Interview

The phone call screening went wonderfully- the person who called was incredibly sweet and it was a very non-intimidating interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I have my masters in child development and years of experience in a day-care setting. However, after I got to the center for my in-person interview, the director told me “obviously I can’t hire you because you have no director experience on your resume,” but then continued with the interview and the tour. So, basically, she “obviously” knew she wasn’t going to hire me before I even came into the building but wasted my time anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset parent   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for an Assistant Director position for two available locations at Giralda Farms and at Bayer Discovery Days. It ended up being a bate and switch process in order to recruit more teachers. A complete waste of valuable time. After an initial phone interview with HR, an interview with the directors from both centers and an interview with the regional manager, they decided to "hire internally" for the AD position but offered me a teaching position. I completely believe in promoting within, however, do not waste my time if that's the route you were planning to take. I had a feeling that this might be the outcome after the regional manager had asked during the interview if I would be willing to come on board as a teacher and then "possibly get promoted" down the road. I have extensive experience as an early childhood teacher and I was ready and willing for the next step in my career. I turned down the teaching offer and I spoke to HR to inquire about yet another Assistant Director position that had popped up on a job board and her response was that she would have to check if my credentials (A bachelors degree) would suffice for this position and get back to me. Obviously I had checked the credentials on the original job description before applying. If my credentials were an issue then why was I invited on two interviews for the same position at a different location? Needless to say, its been two weeks and haven't heard back from anyone at their HR department regarding "my credentials" or about the position. These women were all quite nice but overall it was a misleading experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience in managing child care programs?   1 Answer

I declined the teaching position because it was not the position I had applied and interviewed for.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in August 2008.

Interview

Long and involved, especially if you are a director of a client based center, employees as well as employers have input

Interview Questions

• Questions that made you choose between keeping the client happy and running the center they way you know it should be run   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I then got an email from a recruiter. Next here was a Phone interview with recruiter then in person interview with center director. Very long in person interview, it lasted about an hour and a half. We toured the center afterwards. Said she had more interviews and would follow up in two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The director asks questions from a list. They are general interview questions, and it takes more than an hour. I suggest you find those kinds of questions online and prepare specific answers. They are looking for someone who has particular answers. They do not ask detail about something you say related to your background and experiences. They want to hear the responses to those question, not your ideas or suggestions.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in July 2010.

Interview

*Arrived, met the Director , filled out background check and references
    *Spent time in serveral classrooms
    *Had 1:1 interview where MANY questions were asked, all relevant to the position. Mainly hypothetical scenarios and how I would respond
    *Dialogue about the school, it's needs, and details about the position
    *Left the interview confident, as they just wanted to check my references and background check

Negotiation

Didn't try, knew the pay and benefits were above average after interviewing at several schools. We make no money in this field, as I have worked for quite a few schools and have made half of what I make at BH. People who complain about the pay probably haven't worked at other centers.