Bright Horizons Family Solutions Associate Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Associate Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Washington, DC) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online and I was emailed about an available position, the director scheduled an interview two days later. Went in for an interview with the director/ assistant director which was easy because they were very nice people. Hired within the next day. I got fingerprinted and my background check came back and then I waited to be cleared; that took some time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a child bit you?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Lawrenceville, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

You have the choice to fill out the application online or in-person. The application consists of 3 parts: the application itself, a questionnaire, and a writing sample. If submitted online, you will hear back within 2-3 business days. If done in-person, you will then be put in a classroom for the working interview for 15-30 minutes. The final portion of the interview will be 1:1 with the center director or 2:1 with the center director and assistant director.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you have encountered while working in child care, and how did you resolve the situation.   1 Answer
    • What do you consider to be one of your strengths?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

1st I applied for the job. A few days later I got a call back for a phone interview after was the interview with the hiring manager. Very unprofessional because the interview kept being interrupted due to people walking in and out of the office and not practicing good etiquette and manners. Also I wasn't given the opportunity to showcase my ece portfolio because I wasn't given the chance to. I was then told that I would be contacted in a few days and still haven't been contacted. All in all I left feeling confused and disappointed :-(

Interview Questions

• Do you believe in putting a child in the corner?

What do you define as discipline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Richmond, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Done over the phone with recruiter then forwarded to hiring center. All applications taken online, contacted by recruiter for phone interview, forwarded to hiring center, minimum of 2 interviews at that center. In the end I found a better commute as the center with available position was a 30 min drive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you've experienced with a parent or family member and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Found a better commute

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Columbus, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The overall process was fairly casual. I felt comfortable being there and there were no tricky or insensitive questions. There was an initial interview where they asked the basic questions, and then a follow up working interview, where I spent 2 hours interacting with children and teachers. It was generally a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What sets you apart from the candidates with similar qualifications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

open ended questions regarding experience and education
    Particular interest in why working at bright horizon and why become a teacher
    Many case scenario questions
    Views on discipline in school
    Expertise in arts and crafts for students
    Safety protocols
    Informative emphasis on background check for all employees
    Favorite arts and craft activity
    Favorite children's book
    Ability to multitask
    Being okay with flexible schedule

Associate Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I applied online at Bright Horizons Family Solutions. Within a couple of days I received an email from a recruiter to set up a phone screening, which took place early the following week. The phone screening lasted about 15-20 minutes. I was asked about my previous work experience and given details about the position I applied for. At the end of the phone screening, she scheduled me for a face-to-face interview at the center two days later.

My initial face-to-face interview took place with the Assistant Director, and consisted of various open-ended questions regarding my experiences working with children and other colleagues. She also asked me questions regarding the ways I would handle hypothetical scenarios among children, parents, and colleagues. The center was very warm, welcoming, and clean. I felt very comfortable throughout this interview. I was then given a tour of the facility and more details about the position I was interested in. We then scheduled a follow-up working interview for the following week.

During the working interview, I had the chance to spend time in a couple of the classrooms interacting with the children and teachers. This was a wonderful experience which I enjoyed. The Director told me I should receive a call within a couple of days with a decision. The following day I received an offer for the position.

The only reason I did not accept is because the pay was not in the range I was looking for, and there was not enough room for negotiation. However, I believe this would be a wonderful company to work for. Everyone I interacted with throughout the process seemed very kind and genuinely passionate about working for this company and in making sure the children in their care were given the best attention and learning experiences possible. Wonderful experience overall, highly recommend if the pay works for you. I would definitely consider applying for an administrative position if one were to become available in my area.

Pay was not in the range I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The process was rather refreshing. First I applied online through their website and a day later the director contacted me for an in person interview. Upon arriving, the environment was very inviting and refreshing, from the administrative assistant to the director and staff. The questions asked were the typical behavioral questions that are asked at a teacher based interview. A week later I received a phone call from the director offering me the position!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with transitioning a new child into the center?   Answer Question
    • If there was a class where there were two different types of age groups but they had to do a activity that related to the theme, how would you make sure that each child received the same type of age appropriate activity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was willing to accept the amount offered because I am an entry level teacher.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

You deal with the HR rep then you get an appointment for a center. You interview at the center then do a working interview. Then you hear back within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about how you would handle situations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Downers Grove, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

It was a very comfortable interview but very professional. I got a chance to walk in the classroom and get a feel for each of the rooms. The teachers were understanding about the process and helped me in understanding the classroom routine.

Interview Questions

• When entering the classroom to break a teacher what is one of the things you should ask the teacher you are breaking?   1 Answer