Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

It was a very professional environment and the staff was friendly and open to all questions. They were very knowable about the company and could answer all questions in great detail and clarity.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?   1 Answer
  • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was what I was expecting. The first interview consested of answering questions and getting a tour of the facility (took about an hour). The second interview was a work interview and this was also an hour. From there I was told a more in depth background check would be done.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were asked from: "how would I deal with a co-worker not coming to work on time" to "what is your weakness?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It's a lot of scenario questions so just be open and honest about your answers and the questions mostly pertain to what if curriculum questions. The hardest part is keeping the conversation going because the people I interviewed with didn't contribute a lot to the interview so I did a large majority of the talking it at times felt like a grill session about myself.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the types of pervious sensory or curriculum based activities you have prepared for a class of infants/toddlers?   1 Answer

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I spoke with someone over email, then phone followed by in person with the director. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a great place to work. They asked a lot of questions and scenarios which went well but caught me a little off guard. They needed someone to help out in the preschool classroom and float so asked if I would do that instead. I said yes and came in again for 2 hours to be observed in the classroom and then interview for a half hour. When I got the phone call to come back in I still wasnt told of the pay. I asked and she contacted me back with a number that was no where near what I was looking for! It wasn't in the range I had been given in the beginning and was $3 less an hour than what I make now and I would be commuting an hour on top of that. They wasted 7 hours of my time between the interviews and commuting. They should have told me the pay would be much lower for the position they needed before having me spend so much time there. Big disappointment!

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline a 3 year old vs a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Pay was not even close to enough

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email shortly after. I then had a short phone conversation/interview with a recruitement supervisor which was very comfortable and basic. Afterwards a one on one interview was set up a few days out at one of the day cares. The facility was beautiful and all the employees were nice and inviting. The interview was 20 minutes and very comfortable. She was friendly, professional and the questions were all pretty straight foward.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most rewarding and challenging aspect of this job?   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in July 2014.

Interview

Probably one to worst experiences I've ever had with a rude interviewer and I chose to end it after that step because there was no way I was going to work for someone who represented the company in such a fashion. She straight out admitted she hadn't read my resume and was "forced" to call because the boss put it on her "things to do list". I'm also okay with early phone calls but this was WELL before 7:30 in the morning. She goes on to ask me about my health certifications in first aid, CPR, etc. Went on to say "well first aid and defibrillator training aren't the same thing?" Yup, no better way to start your morning.

Interview Questions

Interviewer had no knowledge of position and I would not want to work for a company who presents themselves in that fashion

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

Once an online or paper application is submitted, it is then forwarded to the area recruiter who will follow up with a phone interview. Once the applicant passes the phone interview, there will be a traditional interview, a working interview, where the applicant works with the prospective position and the children. Once that interview is passed, it is up to management to decide whether to make an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• There are some scenarios that were presented to me that I had never been through and I was asked to provide insight into solving the problems that the scenario talked about. I could not at the time but have learned the answer to the question since.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly simple. I was coming in with little experience so I was offered a low rate.

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Iowa City, IA) in August 2011.

Interview

The questions were very detailed oriented and more about whether or not I had experience in working with children as well as what my best qualities are.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable.

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

Both regional hiring personelle I talked to did get back to me eventually, and were very courteous.

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Bellevue, WA How many years experience do you have?
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Bellevue, WA What kind of experience do you have?
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Atlanta, GA Many questions were asked from: "how would I deal with a co-worker not coming to work on time" to "what is your weakness?"
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview San Antonio, TX What are some of the types of pervious sensory or curriculum based activities you have prepared for a class of infants/toddlers?
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview How would you discipline a 3 year old vs a 5 year old?
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview New York, NY What do you think will be the most rewarding and challenging aspect of this job?
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview All were to be expected
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview There are some scenarios that were presented to me that I had never been through and I was asked to provide insight into solving the problems that the scenario talked about. I could not at the time but have learned the answer to the question since.
Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Iowa City, IA Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it?