Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomfield, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Bloomfield, CT).

Interview

I applied online in June, but received a call for an interview in September. A emailed scheduled a time for a phone interview, which involved personality/behavioral questions, education, and reason for application. The answers were recorded and sent to the manager who called me the same day to set up an interview for that week. Standard ECE style interview question with the director and assistant director, followed by a 45 minute shadowing in the infant room where the teachers provided any clarifications. By the middle of the next week I received a call to complete a longer shadowing experience. This time I spent 45 minutes in one infant room then another 45 in the other infant room. Hands-on experience where I actually fed and changed the infants. Judgement is definitely based upon your feeding and changing abilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you believe in disciplining?
    What is your biggest weakness and what do you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in October 2017.

Interview

First I apply online,4 days later they i had a phone interview and after 3 days in person interview.The interview was easy for me but a lot of question in the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Greenwood Village, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then a recruiter called me and asked about my qualifications and intrest in the job. I then got an email to come in for an interview. It was a two part interview with part one with asking questions and part two in the classroom interacting with the children.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where the child is not listening?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (San Jose, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First had a 15 to 20 minute phone call screening with the recruiter. After that, a director from a center that is in your area emails you and confirms for you to come in. The interview took 2 hours long; the first hour they asked about your teaching background and your experiences along with scenario questions, and for the second hour they plunk you into a classroom and observe of how you interact with the children.

Interview Questions

• With childcare, what do you prioritize?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

It was a very professional environment and the staff was friendly and open to all questions. They were very knowable about the company and could answer all questions in great detail and clarity.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was what I was expecting. The first interview consested of answering questions and getting a tour of the facility (took about an hour). The second interview was a work interview and this was also an hour. From there I was told a more in depth background check would be done.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were asked from: "how would I deal with a co-worker not coming to work on time" to "what is your weakness?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, which took about 10 minutes. She asked some simple questions such as "Why do you think you could work with children? What's your advantage?"
    After two weeks, there was a in-person interview in the center I applied. It took three hours to complete my interview with the center director, including 1.5 hour interacting with kids.

Interview Questions

• The director asked me about my experiences working with kids, and how I dealt with difficult situations such as "What would you do when a kid bites?". After answering those questions, I was sent into the preschool classroom to interact with the children for 1.5 hour until the director called me back to her office (although she said it would be about 1 hour).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It's a lot of scenario questions so just be open and honest about your answers and the questions mostly pertain to what if curriculum questions. The hardest part is keeping the conversation going because the people I interviewed with didn't contribute a lot to the interview so I did a large majority of the talking it at times felt like a grill session about myself.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the types of pervious sensory or curriculum based activities you have prepared for a class of infants/toddlers?   1 Answer

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I spoke with someone over email, then phone followed by in person with the director. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a great place to work. They asked a lot of questions and scenarios which went well but caught me a little off guard. They needed someone to help out in the preschool classroom and float so asked if I would do that instead. I said yes and came in again for 2 hours to be observed in the classroom and then interview for a half hour. When I got the phone call to come back in I still wasnt told of the pay. I asked and she contacted me back with a number that was no where near what I was looking for! It wasn't in the range I had been given in the beginning and was $3 less an hour than what I make now and I would be commuting an hour on top of that. They wasted 7 hours of my time between the interviews and commuting. They should have told me the pay would be much lower for the position they needed before having me spend so much time there. Big disappointment!

Interview Questions

Pay was not even close to enough

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email shortly after. I then had a short phone conversation/interview with a recruitement supervisor which was very comfortable and basic. Afterwards a one on one interview was set up a few days out at one of the day cares. The facility was beautiful and all the employees were nice and inviting. The interview was 20 minutes and very comfortable. She was friendly, professional and the questions were all pretty straight foward.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most rewarding and challenging aspect of this job?   Answer Question