Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Infant Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2016

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

It was a very professional environment and the staff was friendly and open to all questions. They were very knowable about the company and could answer all questions in great detail and clarity.

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • What kind of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was what I was expecting. The first interview consested of answering questions and getting a tour of the facility (took about an hour). The second interview was a work interview and this was also an hour. From there I was told a more in depth background check would be done.

Interview Questions

• Many questions were asked from: "how would I deal with a co-worker not coming to work on time" to "what is your weakness?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

It's a lot of scenario questions so just be open and honest about your answers and the questions mostly pertain to what if curriculum questions. The hardest part is keeping the conversation going because the people I interviewed with didn't contribute a lot to the interview so I did a large majority of the talking it at times felt like a grill session about myself.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the types of pervious sensory or curriculum based activities you have prepared for a class of infants/toddlers?   1 Answer

Infant/Toddler Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward and easy to understand. my interviewer was very professional and kind. I was able to walk around the center and visit each room. I was able to interact with the teachers during the working interview. The center was very welcoming and the process was not too long.

Interview Questions

• A question my interviewer asked me was to describe my teaching style   Answer Question

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I spoke with someone over email, then phone followed by in person with the director. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like a great place to work. They asked a lot of questions and scenarios which went well but caught me a little off guard. They needed someone to help out in the preschool classroom and float so asked if I would do that instead. I said yes and came in again for 2 hours to be observed in the classroom and then interview for a half hour. When I got the phone call to come back in I still wasnt told of the pay. I asked and she contacted me back with a number that was no where near what I was looking for! It wasn't in the range I had been given in the beginning and was $3 less an hour than what I make now and I would be commuting an hour on top of that. They wasted 7 hours of my time between the interviews and commuting. They should have told me the pay would be much lower for the position they needed before having me spend so much time there. Big disappointment!

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline a 3 year old vs a 5 year old?   Answer Question

Pay was not even close to enough

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email shortly after. I then had a short phone conversation/interview with a recruitement supervisor which was very comfortable and basic. Afterwards a one on one interview was set up a few days out at one of the day cares. The facility was beautiful and all the employees were nice and inviting. The interview was 20 minutes and very comfortable. She was friendly, professional and the questions were all pretty straight foward.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most rewarding and challenging aspect of this job?   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher (Infant Room) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Berkeley, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were not organized and They were late for the interview. Both interviewers were snotty, rude and unprofessional. They kept checking on their cell phones, and popping in and out of the room for one reason or another. I was completely turned off.

Interview Questions

• How does all my years experience fit in with the position   1 Answer

Interviewers behavior during interview

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in July 2014.

Interview

Probably one to worst experiences I've ever had with a rude interviewer and I chose to end it after that step because there was no way I was going to work for someone who represented the company in such a fashion. She straight out admitted she hadn't read my resume and was "forced" to call because the boss put it on her "things to do list". I'm also okay with early phone calls but this was WELL before 7:30 in the morning. She goes on to ask me about my health certifications in first aid, CPR, etc. Went on to say "well first aid and defibrillator training aren't the same thing?" Yup, no better way to start your morning.

Interview Questions

Interviewer had no knowledge of position and I would not want to work for a company who presents themselves in that fashion

Infant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

Once an online or paper application is submitted, it is then forwarded to the area recruiter who will follow up with a phone interview. Once the applicant passes the phone interview, there will be a traditional interview, a working interview, where the applicant works with the prospective position and the children. Once that interview is passed, it is up to management to decide whether to make an offer or not.

Interview Questions

• There are some scenarios that were presented to me that I had never been through and I was asked to provide insight into solving the problems that the scenario talked about. I could not at the time but have learned the answer to the question since.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly simple. I was coming in with little experience so I was offered a low rate.

Infant Support Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a four step interview process - It began with a group interview/orientation; individual interview; practical interview within position setting; and ended with a final individual interview. It was difficult but the staff was friendly and supportive. They hired 5-7 people from roughly 25. Studying for the interview is a good idea because you want to show your knowledge in early childhood development and education.