Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Preschool Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Preschool Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haverhill, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Haverhill, MA).

Interview

Prompt and very to the point and very fast moved quickly thru interview. Wasnt very interested in background or experience mainly when was i available to stary and my salary requirements

Interview Questions

• When is your salary expectancy   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Lead Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I was hired from the sub-pool directly, and found the interview to be what I expected interviewing for a child care position. They asked me questions about my past experience working with children in both a child care and a non child care setting. Additionally, they questioned me about working with others, and incorporating different families into a classroom. I also did a practical interview where I was asked to go into three different classrooms, Infant, Toddler, and Preschool aged children.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation you had when working with children?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

The director who interviewed me was professional and organized. She read relevant questions off a paper and wrote down my answers. She established friendly eye contact and then gave me a tour of the center. She answered all my questions immediately. The interview was so professional, organized and positive I wanted to work at Bright Horizons.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me who was your favorite supervisor and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary. The offered to check into a different head teach position for me. I declined and accepted the original offer.

Lead Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

The interview process was great. I received a tour of the center, had an hour long conversation with the director; which made it much more comfortable than a back and forth question and answer format. I had a working interview in the classroom I was to be hired for. It was a great opportunity to meet the teacher and kids I would be working with and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• All questions felt like a conversation so it is hard to pick out the most difficult or unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offered the job with a pay rate. I told them the minimum amount that I needed. When they countered offered it was for the original pay rate they offered and said when I obtained my lead teacher certification (which I qualified for, but needed to submit paperwork) that they would increase my pay to my requested amount.

Preschool Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

I relocated from a Bright Horizons from the West Cost (which I LOVED) to a Bright Horizons on the East Coast. I had an issue with Recruitment Coordinator, Nicole Brown. She was not very friendly, impatient, didn't really care for what I had to say, and the phone interview only took less than 5 minutes. After talking with her, I immediately got an email from her stating that due to not being able to contact me, I was no longer considered for the positions I've applied for. Which I found was ODD because I just got off the phone with her and she was able to contact me through email. I called her back right away, and left a message on her voicemail and never received a response.

I've copied and pasted the email she has sent me: (note that the career site wasn't given)

July 8, 2014

We have made multiple attempts to contact you regarding your application for a position at Bright Horizons; however, we have been unable to reach you. We are no longer considering you for our current opening.

If you would like to be considered for future positions, please visit our careers site at . We appreciate your time in applying and wish you luck in your job search.

Sincerely,
    Bright Horizons Human Resources

Luckily the Director I was working for at that time (Sandy Cook), and first Recruitment Coordinator I was corresponding with (Shannon Bouzidi), fixed the situation.

My In Person Interview took about 2 hours and went very well.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a child in your classroom?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Lead Teacher Preschool Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Deerfield Beach, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

They genuinely wanted to get to know me. This interview process was easy. This company really cares about their students and want compassionate leaders for their classrooms. There were three steps of the interview process. First was a phone interview, a skype interview, and then a skill evaluation. I ended up declining this offer for another job, but I really appreciated how genuine the people who interviewed me were.

Interview Questions

• What technology have you used in a classroom that benefited you and your students?   2 Answers