Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

2.5

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

just one interview. Its a joke !

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

The interview was easy. I did a quick and easy phone interview with the recruiter. She ask a few questions but mostly asked me about where I'd prefer to work in town and what age groups I liked. I talked one on one with the director. I was given a quick tour and spent about a half an hour in the classroom I was hoping for. The director told me she would talk to the teachers in the room for their opinion. Nothing was unexpected or too stressful.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was very standard for a daycare interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate and was able to get a few more cents. They were willing to match my old employer's salary.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

Email contact with the HR
    Then, phone interview with the director.
    Scheduled a visit to mock teach the children.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions you would expect. I don't recall any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with recruiter (which lasted 5 min) Set up for in-person interview with director. When I arrived, I discovered it was an "event", more like a "cattle call". Director was very condescending and confrontational. She seemed distracted and was constantly interrupted. I had to keep repeating my answers. There was no offer to view center, and when I left, she didn't even get up from her desk.

Interview Questions

Atmosphere is not one I want to spend my days in

Anonymous Employee in Scotrun, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Scotrun, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief, I was transferring so it took a lot of the cushioned-style questions out of the way. We mainly talked about the difference in size and lack of funding on the program compared to the one where i had come from, which was on an University campus. I was also able to spend some time in the classroom to see if it was something fitting. The process itself was laid back and in conversation form, which helped with any nervousness I was feeling at the time.

Interview Questions

• If i was familiar with their Gold Teaching Strategies website.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to the center directly to speak with someone. Was told to apply online. Got a call to meet with the director the same week. She was very professional and friendly. I liked her a lot, and the center was beautiful. The pay was not enough, so I declined the offer. Benefits are available, but at the pay scale I was offered I would not have been able to afford them anyways.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult times you have ever experienced in a preschool classroom?
      How to do you feel about time out?
      What would you do with a child who was hitting or biting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Wheaton, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took about a week. I applied online, had a phone interview then came in for an initial interview and then a classroom interview. There were a lot of questions, my guess would be 15-20 of them. I never was offered a tour of the building at any point during the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an activity you have done and what it does for the children.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and less than a week later I got a call from 2 recruiters working in 2 regions. After a phone interview, they were very eager to get me linked to a site of my choosing. I was given several choices as to which age group and location I wanted to work at and was basically guaranteed a job because of my vast background and experience. I interviewed for a new school that was opening and was offered the job on the spot at the end of my interview. I was prepared to do a working interview and give a lesson to the preschool class, but she ultimately didn't require that of me. Since I already had all my clearances, except for the background check that's required whenever starting a new job around kids, I agreed to start in 2 weeks. I did and everything has been pretty straightforward since then.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a child who's exhibiting challenging behavior?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in May 2012.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter and my met my new favorite person for a face to face interview!! Then she retired and families and staff started leaving so it was my time to leave too.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

You may do a group interview. If chosen, you may do a second interview with the administrative team, which includes the director and/or assistant director. You may also do a "working interview" in the classroom. Questions are basic and easy if you have current experience and working knowledge of child development and have been a teacher before. Basic situational questions on parent relationships, teamwork, and classroom management will be asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not really able to negotiate.