Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

2.5

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

You may do a group interview. If chosen, you may do a second interview with the administrative team, which includes the director and/or assistant director. You may also do a "working interview" in the classroom. Questions are basic and easy if you have current experience and working knowledge of child development and have been a teacher before. Basic situational questions on parent relationships, teamwork, and classroom management will be asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not really able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to the center directly to speak with someone. Was told to apply online. Got a call to meet with the director the same week. She was very professional and friendly. I liked her a lot, and the center was beautiful. The pay was not enough, so I declined the offer. Benefits are available, but at the pay scale I was offered I would not have been able to afford them anyways.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult times you have ever experienced in a preschool classroom?
      How to do you feel about time out?
      What would you do with a child who was hitting or biting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Elmsford, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Several interviews - starting with phone and then in-person. The communication was good, although sometimes slow. When meeting in person, I presented my resume and dressed professionally. They asked about my teaching experience and my experience working with children. I believe they truly care about placing teachers who have an incentive to stick around because they have high turnover due to low pay and burnout.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2016.

Interview

It took about a month from sending in the application to being hired. They had me come in for 1:1 face-to-face interview with the CDC's director, then an interactive interview in a toddler classroom and a pre-K classroom before another 1:1 interview. I got the call two days later than I had been hired. Everyone was very welcoming, patient and friendly. The interview was not stressful and we had a really easy back and forth that made me feel more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What are some guidance strategies you use in the classroom?   Answer Question
    • How do you create a creative environment in the classroom?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Vienna, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was not to hard. Apply the job online first .Couple days later phone call interview .After one or two weeks school interview which include director face to face interview and class interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheaton, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Wheaton, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took about a week. I applied online, had a phone interview then came in for an initial interview and then a classroom interview. There were a lot of questions, my guess would be 15-20 of them. I never was offered a tour of the building at any point during the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of an activity you have done and what it does for the children.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

Email contact with the HR
    Then, phone interview with the director.
    Scheduled a visit to mock teach the children.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions you would expect. I don't recall any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

just one interview. Its a joke !

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

The interview was easy. I did a quick and easy phone interview with the recruiter. She ask a few questions but mostly asked me about where I'd prefer to work in town and what age groups I liked. I talked one on one with the director. I was given a quick tour and spent about a half an hour in the classroom I was hoping for. The director told me she would talk to the teachers in the room for their opinion. Nothing was unexpected or too stressful.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was very standard for a daycare interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate and was able to get a few more cents. They were willing to match my old employer's salary.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the following day scheduling an interview later in the week. I also received an email requesting references the same day.
    The interview was a little over an hour followed by a tour of the center. They serve children of parents who work for the partner company. It's a unique business model.

Interview Questions

• There were many "tell me about a time..." Questions. When you encountered a child who was difficult, etc. they asked about my favorite past supervisor and how to handle conflict.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation involved addressing the care of my children- they only offer care for employee children if there are spots available (reserved employee slots) and if you are full time, so enrolling your kids in the home center is more complicated than traditional daycare models.