Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

2.5

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

You may do a group interview. If chosen, you may do a second interview with the administrative team, which includes the director and/or assistant director. You may also do a "working interview" in the classroom. Questions are basic and easy if you have current experience and working knowledge of child development and have been a teacher before. Basic situational questions on parent relationships, teamwork, and classroom management will be asked.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not really able to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the following day scheduling an interview later in the week. I also received an email requesting references the same day.
    The interview was a little over an hour followed by a tour of the center. They serve children of parents who work for the partner company. It's a unique business model.

Interview Questions

• There were many "tell me about a time..." Questions. When you encountered a child who was difficult, etc. they asked about my favorite past supervisor and how to handle conflict.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation involved addressing the care of my children- they only offer care for employee children if there are spots available (reserved employee slots) and if you are full time, so enrolling your kids in the home center is more complicated than traditional daycare models.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA) in April 2009.

Interview

Email contact with the HR
    Then, phone interview with the director.
    Scheduled a visit to mock teach the children.

Interview Questions

• Just general questions you would expect. I don't recall any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

The interview was easy. I did a quick and easy phone interview with the recruiter. She ask a few questions but mostly asked me about where I'd prefer to work in town and what age groups I liked. I talked one on one with the director. I was given a quick tour and spent about a half an hour in the classroom I was hoping for. The director told me she would talk to the teachers in the room for their opinion. Nothing was unexpected or too stressful.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected or difficult questions. It was very standard for a daycare interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate and was able to get a few more cents. They were willing to match my old employer's salary.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

just one interview. Its a joke !

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and less than a week later I got a call from 2 recruiters working in 2 regions. After a phone interview, they were very eager to get me linked to a site of my choosing. I was given several choices as to which age group and location I wanted to work at and was basically guaranteed a job because of my vast background and experience. I interviewed for a new school that was opening and was offered the job on the spot at the end of my interview. I was prepared to do a working interview and give a lesson to the preschool class, but she ultimately didn't require that of me. Since I already had all my clearances, except for the background check that's required whenever starting a new job around kids, I agreed to start in 2 weeks. I did and everything has been pretty straightforward since then.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a child who's exhibiting challenging behavior?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Miami, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I went to the center directly to speak with someone. Was told to apply online. Got a call to meet with the director the same week. She was very professional and friendly. I liked her a lot, and the center was beautiful. The pay was not enough, so I declined the offer. Benefits are available, but at the pay scale I was offered I would not have been able to afford them anyways.

Interview Questions

• What was one of the most difficult times you have ever experienced in a preschool classroom?
      How to do you feel about time out?
      What would you do with a child who was hitting or biting?   Answer Question

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in May 2012.

Interview

I got a phone call from a recruiter and my met my new favorite person for a face to face interview!! Then she retired and families and staff started leaving so it was my time to leave too.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The interview was extremely organized and professional. I loved the process and thought it was a great way to learn more about the culture at Bright Horizon as well. Two interviewers took turn and asked questions about both classroom management and professional development.

Anonymous Employee in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Elmsford, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Several interviews - starting with phone and then in-person. The communication was good, although sometimes slow. When meeting in person, I presented my resume and dressed professionally. They asked about my teaching experience and my experience working with children. I believe they truly care about placing teachers who have an incentive to stick around because they have high turnover due to low pay and burnout.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question