Bright Horizons Family Solutions Preschool Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright Horizons Family Solutions Preschool Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Bright Horizons Family Solutions

2.7

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in April 2015.

Interview

Bright Horizons is a very welcoming company. As part of your interview they show you around the center and introduce you to the friendly staff. They will do a working interview to see how you interact with the children as well as a sit down interview with the center director and assistant director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was easily able to negotiate my salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Everyone was very kind and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted 1 hour and a half. They then observed me in a classroom with children. Overall good experience. They did not ask anything to crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Cambridge, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Getting a phone screen first, then asked to come in to interview couple days later. Coming in to the school and sitting with the director to answer a form and a list of questions. the interview last about one hour.

Interview Questions

• 1.previous experience working with children.
      2.Why do you like working with young children?
      3.How will you lead a circle time?a couple ideas.
      4.How will you do during transition?
      5.What do you think about time-out and discipline?
      6.How would you deal if there was value conflicting with your parents?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview with recruiter followed by in-person interview on-site at childcare center with director. I met the teachers, admin staff and the children. I toured the facility and saw the classrooms, kitchens and resource rooms.

Interview Questions

• What qualities make the best teachers?   1 Answer

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process went fantastic. I interviewed at one location that was not close to home. They let me know there was another school that was closer and hiring too. They provided me with the contact information for the other school.

Interview Questions

• How I felt in a class room. If I have patience with children.   Answer Question

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions in November 2014.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me. She was very nice and professional. She set up an interview at a center. They had me fill out the same paperwork three times. I interviewed with another teacher. The director asked questions and the assistant director was present. The interview lasted well over three hours including the classroom observations. The director was reading off a list of questions that I'm sure she got from corporate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was too afraid to negotiate but I wish I had.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (New York, NY) in July 2008.

Interview

Meet with Director and Assistant Director, if they like you, ask you to stay or come back spend some time in the classroom to see how you interact with the current staff and students (classroom management, co-worker interaction, energy, enthusiasm, approach to kids)

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions for working with kids--Teacher   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They told me take it or leave it. I had to pay rent, so I took it.

Preschool Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions.

Interview

The hiring process and interview process is long. The director had a list of questions to ask and a lot of paper work to fill out. I was then asked to stay in a classroom for 45 minutes. The whole process takes about three hours. I was told they wanted me and would inform me of the salary within two days. They offered me two dollars more than what I previously was making.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all pretty easy just take your time and think about the situation they pose.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate because I was not offered a pay at this point. I did not negotiate when the director called me on the phone but I wish I had asked for another dollar because I was offered more at a preschool right down the street. However, the benefits are unbelievable so that makes up for it!

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

I was hired after 2 separate interviews. I had to speak with the center director and tell her why I wanted to work there. I then had to have 2 working interviews with different age groups. I wanted to work with older children but they started me in a 1 year old and 2 year old room. I was pleased with the human resources coordinator.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult behavior situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated my salary and told them how much I expected or I would not work there, because I was comfortable in my current position with my previous employer.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bright Horizons Family Solutions (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Spoke with someone on the phone a couple of times before asked to come in for an interview. Initially had a three day interview which included sitting in on a classroom environment. The staff was very helpful in answering any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in case of an emergency.   1 Answer