Bright House Networks Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bright House Networks Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Melbourne, FL).

Interview

I was given a phone interview by a nice gentleman , who told me that I was a good candidate for the position and he scheduled me for an on-site interview. When that day arrived , a Wednesday, I was given a tour of the building and introduced to a few key staff. I was then brought into a room for a one-on-one interview with a supervisor. We discussed my background and work history, but I was also asked about my Tech savviness and my opinion of the internet and social media. Everything was looking great, which cumulated in them extending an offer for the position. I signed the paperwork and was told that I have the job contingent on a drug screen and background check, pretty normal so far. They said that I would receive an email inviting me to a link where I was to print out the paperwork I needed to bring with me to the drug screening. They advised I had 48 hours to get the drug screen completed, and told me to reach out to the employee who had originally conducted the phone interview if I didn't receive the email by Friday at 10 a.m. Well, the email never came, and since the 48 hours would technically be up close of business on Friday, I tried to reach my point of contact with the company via email and later text, which were the ways that he had contacted me so far. He didn't respond to any of my messages that day. I had no idea what happened, and I had just assumed that for some reason they decided not to hire me after all, and Shrugged It Off. A week or two later, a woman from the company called me to say congratulations and inform me of the training date. I told her that while this was very good news, I clearly would not qualify to clearly would not qualify to be hired, as they had never allowed me to take the drug test and it is long past the 48-hour window. The woman was very diplomatic and apologized, and she refused to throw her co-worker under the bus when I explain that he never responded back to me regarding the missing drug screening email invite. She said that the company was going through a lot of changes and that she doesn't know what happened but she will help. I understand that they change companies but I do want to say that this happened at this point almost a year ago. However, I decided that maybe it was a fluke and I should continue to work with them. She sent me the email and I completed the drug screening and signed for the background check. What she didn't tell me was that I would also get an invite to fill out a whole bunch of paperwork that was necessary for my employment, including personal information they didn't need if I was not going to be hired. She ended up calling me again the next Friday and telling me that everything looked good, and she is going to try to push my background check through so that I could attend the training class which started the very next business day, Monday. She said if it didn't go through in time I would have to wait until February for the next training class. At this point, I was kind of just going through the motions. I thought this was all very unprofessional and disorganized, and we had been going through this for about 2 or 3 weeks at this point. Well, Friday about 7 or 8 p.m., I got an email saying that I had passed the drug and background check, and that I was all set to go to the training on Monday. I could tell this was all rushed more than usual because the email actually said that one to two days prior to the training class they would send me an email regarding the time to come in and more information that I would need. Considering this was actually on a Friday and the training class was going to be on Monday, I sure did hope that one to two days included the weekend. Now you pretty much guessed this, but I never got that email telling me what time to come in for training, I never got a response from them when I asked about this, and let me say that I am incredibly grateful that I did not put in my two weeks at my current job, for if I did I would not have a source of income due to this company yo-yoing me for a few weeks. It has been one week past the start date about training and nobody has even contacted me at all. I am going to disregard all Communications with them in the future, and should they ever contact me back when that next class rolls around, I will be inclined to ask them why they would disrespect a new hire in this manner. You are not just messing with a person, you are messing with my livelihood, my source of income, and possibly even risking putting my family on the street. I don't even want to speculate about why all of this happened, but I do want to let you know that Bright House Charter Spectrum is a joke and I will never recommend applying here to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Bradenton, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then a face-to-face interview. Was a pretty simple process. Everyone I worked with was extremely kind. Overall, just be courteous, be yourself, and think carefully about your answers.

Interview Questions

• What goal have you set for yourself in the past, and how did you go about meeting that goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Just be yourself and have charisma.They talk about the company and their expectations of you. Don't get overwhelmed and relax, they want people who care about people. They are looking for people to go the extra mile for your customers and represent the company in a positive light.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview took place with 2 managers and was very quick and questions fired at me one after the other. Clearly wanted to see if I could think and act on my feet.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a prospective customer says no?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

It went very well and smooth. Felt comfortable. Asked alot of questions ALOT. I was nervouse but also asked alot of questions too to make sure they knew I was interested. It seemed we were in the same page. I felt I got the job and when I did not was very VERY surprised.

Interview Questions

• Why will I be a fit and be a benefit to the company if hired?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright House Networks.

Interview

The main portal for submitting your info is through the corporate webpage. The process was a very brief phone interview, followed by an onsite interview with two managers. I was offered the job at the conclusion of the onsite interview, after a sort of final "sign off" was given by the department director after being walked through the office and given a brief tour.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions:

Describe how you handle upset customers - give an example.
      What is your greatest strength?
      Are you capable of working nights, weekends, and holidays?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Deland, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position a recruiter contacted me to do a phone interview and I was asked to go through the next process I was then ask to complete an assessment online next step was to come to orientation/interview where we went over the job requirements and then had a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you had to deal with and irate customer   Answer Question

Customer Care Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online then they send an email with an in - depth application process then they conduct a phone interview & then send assessment then do an in person interview with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you communicate with a manager who didn't particularly like you?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a coworker that you didn't get along with?   Answer Question
    • How would you sale an item to a customer?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Orlando, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Very long process. I was scheduled for 12:15pm but did not interview until 3:00pm. The management staff was 95% men. The interviewers were unwelcoming. They asked very advanced technical questions for a very non-technical position. A customer will not call spewing technical jargon. I've work in this position with another company for years. I know the drill.

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Maitland, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

Details: Presentation provided details about the benefits of working at Bright house . HR Recruiter was very pleasant and Answered very interesting question.The director with only 2 years experience was from Charter ( the company that just acquired Bright House is condescending , unprofessional and full of crap.The Interviewer was a young man who kept twitching his minuscule tiny biceps as he conduced the interview, he kept looking over as if he had some interesting things to do or be somewhere else. The all experience was a wash, i had 2 job offers prior to even interviewing with this idiots. Fact is i never liked Bright house or what it stands for , its review and complains from the general public is a glorified rip off entity in my modest description. I only attended the interview due to the fact it was close to my home.

Interview Questions

• If you are troubling shooting an equipment with a customer who do you what would you do to keep the conversation going while you are helping them with the problem?   1 Answer