Bright House Networks Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL | Glassdoor

Bright House Networks Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL

2.9

Level II Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

First was the phone interview with just a couple of brief technical and customer service type questions, then the one on one was short and sweet with a little more detailed tech/cs questions. Took about 1.5 hours and was offered the position right away at a competitive pay rate.

Interview Questions

• Difference between a static and dynamic ip addy.   1 Answer
    • What is port 40 used for?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation in a past job where there was a coworker giving wrong information to the team and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Actually, I was offered the highest pay rate I was told on the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I interviewed for Bright House Riverview location as well as the St Petersburg location(due to not receiving Riverview and the St Pete being my first choice cause it's in my county) the interview process went as follows, I did the app had a phone interview view then was set up for the general information session interview. In which for the general session it was a panel of 15 people. A guy did a presentation in which took 15 minutes then they called you one at a time to do separate interviews. They asked star interview questions and write everything down so it may take them a second to get to the next question. I brought my resume and also researched the company and reviews before going in and to be honest I should have listened to the reviews. I wasn't offered a position but I did 2 other interviews at 2 different call centers one at United Health Group and Verizon in which I was offered both careers that asked the same questions that Bright House asked and answered them the same. I also gave them the same resume. Both these call centers offered $14.00+ an hour in which bright house was only offering $11.80 an hour. They got back to me 3 weeks after the interview while I was in trading for Verizon telling me I didn't receive their employment in which I wrote back a nice detailed email. It was funny that also while in trading about 3 trainees received texts from bright house to schedule a phone interview and of course they all laughed.. I must say I'm happy And God works in mysterious ways. I'm very happy at Verizon Fios and I would say to check their sites for career opportunities before bright house..... Besides the reviews from employees of Verizon Fios speaks for itself. The best part at the Tampa office you don't work weekends

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had went over and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received call to schedule phone interview and take online accessment which were both easy. Then received a text with time date and location for a group interview where about 20 people showed up too. A gentlemen gave a short presentation and then we were told to sit in lobby and would be called in individually for a one on one interview with one of many interviewers that were management I supppose. After waiting about and hour was called in by a lady who was pretty robotic with a dry personality. She told me she was going to ask me questions and to answer at my own speed and ask any questions I wanted too. She asked me question after question 3 pages she went through. Felt like I was being interviewed for the FBI. I answered her questions that seemed to almost all revolve around irate customer interactions for the most part which I have over 20 years experience so the most difficult part was just deciding which experience to tell her about since they do the star interview questions. I didn't receive an offer. Was told she would hand my answers too management for review and call me. No one called. However I just got a job at another call center that pays a lot more I was offered top of the scale, and they had the same accessment and some of the same type questions bright house asked me and they loved me! Everything happens for a reason , glad I didn't get that miserable job there heard that call center is brutal anyway!!! Nonstop screaming customers. Btw if they don't offer you a position immediately you didn't get it, and they aren't going to notify you so immediately start looking elsewhere! Good Luck and don't look back!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an irate customer and what you did to help him/her?   Answer Question

Business Solutions Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

I went directly to the website to apply, then after 2 or 3 days, I received an email telling me to complete online application, then i was given a call from recruiter (who may or may not ask you interview type questions), then he will decide to set you up for an Interview (the BIG day).

The Interview is held at Hilton Hotel, After the General Introduction, you will wait in the front lobby and wait to be called in for the interview, also you may be interviewed with multiple people in the same room at the same time (this is how we where interviewed), not as bad as it sounds though. If all goes well, you are taken to meet the Department Manager who will ask you about 4 - 5 more simple questions, then if that goes well, your offered the position same day.

Tips: Dress to Impress (This is important), Bring a Folder with 2 or 3 copies of your Resume (They already have copies, but bring it anyway). Know Your Stuff, Be Confident!

Interview Questions

• What is DHCP, DNS, Dual-Band Router, Hunt Group, etc. And you will be asked Non-Technical Customer Support Related Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Business Solutions Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on the BHN website and received a call from a recruiter from Manpower who gave me a 20 minute interview asking a series of technical and customer service based questions. I then got an offer to move onto the next round which took place at a local hotel. It was a group session where they gave a 30 minute presentation about the company then had individual interviews where they ask a series of technical and customer service related questions (almost identical to the phone interview questions). I was then moved along to a final interview with the head of the department who asked me 2 or 3 more goal oriented questions then gave the go ahead to hire me. All of the managers were very friendly and easy to converse with. Entire process took 2-3 hours. They also require a drug screen and background check which takes an extra week to confirm.

Interview Questions

• Define networking terms such as channels, frequencies, WLAN, Subnet, SMTP, router, modem, port forwarding, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, ethernet, coaxial, hunt group, etc. and know how to apply each in a problem/solution scenario.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate salary or schedule. They expect you to be a top performer in order to advance and choose the schedule you want.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Warm and inviting. Given plenty of time to discuss my resume. Openly talked through how my skills would benefit this company. Everyone was smiling when I first came in.

Customer Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, not even 5 minutes later submitting the app, i got a call about my resume i submitted. He told me about the job and emailed me an assessment to take. Assessment was pretty easy, thought i bombed the typing test because i don't type that fast, maybe like 25-30 wpm. A week later had a phone interview with recruiter, pretty basic, asked 2 STAR questions and a lot of other questions that are mainly yes or no. Same day, got a call 30 minutes later to schedule a group session which just gave an overview of the company and the position. There were about 15 of us interview 1 by 1 with different people. Asked to sell a pen and about 5 or 6 STAR questions lasted about 30-50 minutes. Then proceed to interview with the director which was a quick interview about 5 minutes, just asked basic questions mainly yes or no and why should we hire you, i felt rushed because she was talking so fast like she had somewhere to go. Then she thanked me and had me fill out background check form and drug testing form. So therefore i got the job. Overall pleasant experience, kinda felt like they hired all 15 of us just to have yes in the upcoming trading class in which i overheard the mangers saying that they need to fill 130 seats for October so lucky me.....

Interview Questions

• Sell this pen   1 Answer
    • Time when you went above and beyond. Time you dealt with difficult customer. Why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Started at 11 something, don't remember. No negotiation because i really needed a job change.

Service Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

In House career fair for initial contact, followed by interview with one Manager. Received phone call for second interview with Manager and two Supervisors. Three weeks after initial application, started working.

Interview Questions

• Moral based question about how you would act in a given situation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. Offered $10 an hour. asked for $12, settled on $11.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Was given a phone interview for technical questions and then went onsite. The building and atmosphere was great and everyone was nice. The leadership team that interviewed me was pleasant and offered me a drink. They also started the interview with asking me about my hobbies and eased into the questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could talk to anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Account Executive Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bright House Networks (Saint Petersburg, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Several phone and in person interviews. Sharing all of the possibilities and money that my manager had made and that was available to me. They went on to share that nobody left BHN, people stayed on.

Interview Questions

• My background and work history.   1 Answer