BrightWire Global Media Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BrightWire Global Media Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at BrightWire

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BrightWire (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

They did an on campus interview and then they did a super day and then they made offers

Interview Questions

• Why do you think Brightwire will be a good fit   1 Answer

Had much better offers

Other Interview Reviews for BrightWire

Global Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BrightWire in November 2011.

Interview

Several weeks after applying online, was contacted via email with an invitation to take a skills test. The test consisted of a relatively in depth case study - finding, translating and summarizing five news articles about a given company.

I completed and sent in the case study, but never heard back from the hiring manager who had initially contacted me. Hoping for confirmation of receipt, I re-sent the email and again got no response. The company was incommunicado for about a month before I received an automated message that I was still under consideration, but that the hiring process had been pushed back to the company rebranding itself and moving to new headquarters in NYC. This email further stated that I would be made aware of the status of my application by the end of December. January rolls around and I had still not heard back. I accepted a job with another company, and was chuffed to recieve one final email from Brightwire a few weeks later, letting me know that I was no longer being considered for the job.

All in all it was a negative experience. Terrible communication from the company relative to the difficulty and time investment of their skills test. In my experience, sloppy hiring practices mean sloppy business practices; I'm convinced that I dodged a bullet.

Global Media Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BrightWire in October 2011.

Interview

The interviewer asked me whether I have past experience from media and translation and wanted to know how strong my writing skill is since they are collecting news information from all around the world and let their analysts to translate those to provide hot news to their customers.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your writing ability   1 Answer

Global Media Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BrightWire.

Interview

Applied to the position via on-campus recruiting in October, attended second round interview ("super day") at their central office, and was extended an offer in November for a post-graduate GMA job.

In August I received a call rescinding my offer of employment due to a downturn in the company's growth. BrightWire offered no form of compensation or help in obtaining a new job, despite having gone 8 months without any notification that my position might be in jeopardy.

Bottom line: don't waste your time applying here.