Brightcove Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brightcove (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

One phone interview call with the HR. She directly invited me for an on-site interview. I was supposed to be speaking to four interviewers for four rounds during the on-site interview, however one of the interviewers (the one who should be direct manager of this role) didn't show up in the office that day! I've never had such an unprofessional interview experience. I asked the HR if she could set up another interview with that absent interviewer to complete the interview process and gave me a fair chance to compete with other candidates, she said she would let me know. One week after, I got a rejection.

It's a young company with very informal work environment, but being informal doesn't mean you can be unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• very detailed questions about my experience and skill in finance.   Answer Question

Sep 27, 2016

We were very sorry to read that you did not have a positive experience while interviewing at Brightcove. Our commitment and goal is for all candidates to have a positive experience, regardless of... More

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightcove in September 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Brightcove HR via email soon after applying online. I was given several times to choose from for a phone conversation with an HR employee. I responded promptly and the time was never confirmed. I had to follow-up 5 days later (pretty sure they had forgotten about me) and the call was rescheduled for the following week. I had a nice, short conversation with HR and was scheduled quickly for a phone call with the Finance VP. We also had a nice conversation, however I came away from that call with the feeling that my background didn't align well enough with the position, which was not totally unexpected. I heard nothing for a week and then was contacted by HR to set up a time for a call the next day. Turns out the call was to say they were going in another direction, which is fine, but not sure why they had to waste my time and theirs to call me when an email would have been sufficient. I think HR needs some training.

Interview Questions

• Since SaaS was not the industry my experience is in I was asked to explain how my skills would translate.   Answer Question

Oct 24, 2016

Hi, thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent interview experience. I apologize that the experience was not ideal for you, we strive to make the interviewing process... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brightcove (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was totally RUDE....!!!! . I don't want to mention the name of the guy who called me, but he gave me zero respect as a candidate and he was talking as if he has found out the Big Bang all by himself.
    Everyone makes mistakes , this guy didn't even give a chance to make a mistake and he was criticizing me right from the start as if i have not done anything till now. I have worked for couple of clients in my short career and holds a masters degree from a reputed university.

The last thing that he told me that: He asked me whether i have done anything challenging in this world.

A kind suggestion to the people who work and interview candidates : please don't make them look fools. You were once in their situation , looking for job.

May 18, 2016

We are sorry to read that you did not have a good experience during your interview process. It is our goal and priority that everyone who interviews with us has a positive experience regardless of... More

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brightcove (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by HR to schedule a phone interview within a day or two of applying online. HR member asked a few questions over a few emails, confirming what I was applying for was definitely what I wanted to be doing.

Phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and with an employee from Software Engineering. Interviewer seemed like he wasn't quite sure what to say at first, but picked up quickly after some of my responses helped segue into things the company does or other points he meant to talk about. Asked me one question to see how I thought, and the call ended in ~15 minutes.

Was contacted the same day by HR to schedule a second phone interview with 2 members this time. Was again sent more questions over a few emails, again confirming what I was applying for. I sent a confirmation and was waiting for an email back.

Email contact stopped for 2 days, and then I received an email that the position was being withdrawn, due to management changes in the few days following my phone-interview, and that no one would be considered for the position any longer. I was encouraged to apply again for a different position in December.

Interview Questions

• How might you test a video player with standard video player options (play, pause, time bar, options menu)?   Answer Question

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightcove (Cambridge, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone screens first with HR and then with hiring manager, followed by 5 or so 1:1 interviews onsite. Most of the interviewers seemed nice and were candid about both the opportunities and challenges facing the organization as it continues to grow. One interviewer was a sales guy who seemed like a self-important weenie.

I don't often have very good things to say about interacting with a prospective employer's HR department as a job seeker. However, I was extremely impressed by the HR representative from Brightcove who shepherded me through the interview process - she was consistently responsive before, during, and after the interviews. They ended up extending an offer to another candidate, but did let me know that within just a few days of my last set of interviews, which I appreciated.

However, I later learned that the person who got the offer and accepted the job worked previously with one of my interviewers at another company. When I heard this, I couldn't help but wonder if I had wasted my time unwittingly participating in an interview charade if it was already in the bag that this person would get the job. A couple months later, I ran into a colleage who told me about an administrative job they had pursued at Brightcove, only to learn that someone who had worked previously with one of the interviewers or hiring manager got the job instead. I hope these experiences are both rare exceptions to what is otherwise a fair and competitive process where every candidate invited in to interview at Brightcove has a genuine shot at getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions demonstrating certain skills in prior roles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brightcove (Cambridge, MA) in July 2009.

Interview

Met with 3 people, 2 developers and 1 tester. All friendly people, young vibrant atmosphere. Questions were on algorithms, design patterns and some brain teasers.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightcove.

Interview

I had a very brief phone screening with a senior technical recruiter who wasn't very interested in what I had to say but got positive feedback nonetheless.

This was followed by an interview with the hiring manager for the position which was really interesting, he was nice and we had a very positive conversation.

I never heard back after this. I sent multiple emails to chase up for feedback and wasn't responded to. This is dehumanising and completely unacceptable.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about Golang? What is your experience with container technology?   Answer Question

Dec 14, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value a candidate's experience and welcome all comments both positive and constructive. I am sorry to hear that there was no follow up on... More

Tier I Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Brightcove (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied through their website, received an email the next day asking for a face-to-face interview the following day. Arrived at their office only to find the person who organised the interview wasn't even in the office that day, no phone call or email to reschedule.

Business Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightcove (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

Easy process, slim and simple. Nice people to meet, exceptional location.

Interview Questions

• What is the ratio of a pipeline in a perfect sales world?   1 Answer