Brightcove Marketing/Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Brightcove (Cambridge, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone screens first with HR and then with hiring manager, followed by 5 or so 1:1 interviews onsite. Most of the interviewers seemed nice and were candid about both the opportunities and challenges facing the organization as it continues to grow. One interviewer was a sales guy who seemed like a self-important weenie.

I don't often have very good things to say about interacting with a prospective employer's HR department as a job seeker. However, I was extremely impressed by the HR representative from Brightcove who shepherded me through the interview process - she was consistently responsive before, during, and after the interviews. They ended up extending an offer to another candidate, but did let me know that within just a few days of my last set of interviews, which I appreciated.

However, I later learned that the person who got the offer and accepted the job worked previously with one of my interviewers at another company. When I heard this, I couldn't help but wonder if I had wasted my time unwittingly participating in an interview charade if it was already in the bag that this person would get the job. A couple months later, I ran into a colleage who told me about an administrative job they had pursued at Brightcove, only to learn that someone who had worked previously with one of the interviewers or hiring manager got the job instead. I hope these experiences are both rare exceptions to what is otherwise a fair and competitive process where every candidate invited in to interview at Brightcove has a genuine shot at getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions demonstrating certain skills in prior roles.   Answer Question