Brightedge Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brightedge Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2017

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruiter was friendly and helpful, moved me pretty quickly onto the next round. Met with someone on the team, pretty standard background overview and get to know you questions. The onsite started with a 15 minute presentation - this is easy, just review something that you've done in the past. It's just to get a sense for your executive presence so if you're confident and can answer questions about it you'll be fine. Then 4 back-to-back 45 minute interviews with the team. Most will ask you case questions, but they are pretty simple, nothing overly complex. Be sure you ask the right questions and get to know the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about trying to determine how much luggage is on a flight?   2 Answers

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Seattle, WA).

Interview

A number of phone interviews along with in-person interviews with the team, and 1 meet and greet/interview with the VP. Personality and brain teaser questions. Just what you would expect. It was a fairly long interview process from the phone screen to the final meet and greet with the VP, taking a little over 2 months to get there. I was excited to have gotten far enough to meet the VP, however The VP was extremely rude during the interview. He yawned constantly and loudly with no shame and seemed to have been paying little or no attention span during my interview, seeming incredibly uninterested. I had never been in an interview where I felt so disrespected. I almost had to question whether the final part of the interview was a stress test or not. Prior to that experience, my interactions with the rest of the team were good. Their interview questions were overall great practice for interviewing for other companies, but I just can't get over how rude and unprofessional the VP was during that interview... It left a sour taste for me.

Interview Questions

• How many busses are on the road in Seattle from 6am-8am?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in March 2017.

Interview

The CTO called and asked some questions based on the resume. He assigned me two web assignments. One is about HTML and CSS. The other is about javascript. After I submitted the assignments, he and the recruiter team never respond to me.

Interview Questions

• Assigned two technical assignments that were expected to be done in four days.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in February 2017.

Interview

A BrightEdge recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and scheduled a time for us to connect.

After a thirty-minute phone call, I was able to understand the technology and scope of the position. She asked me several questions about my experience as an EA and was very transparent with me. We both decided the position was not a fit. She was polite and sent a thank you email.

Recruiters give run around. It was not to have a direct and honest conversation.

Interview Questions

• How far in advance to you schedule out your CEO's calendar?
      How do you know what to prioritize?
      What type of person do you want to work for?
      Tell me about a time you planned something and it didnt work out as expected?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Foster City, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick and easy I met with a potential peer, Director, and a VP. Everyone was great and transparent on the company direction. I was later phone screened by the CFO and Co-founder

Interview Questions

• What's your sourcing process?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a great conversation with the recruiter, she was very professional. She asked me standard questions about my experience/resume. Scheduled an intensive interview with 2 VP's and the current EA after that it went dark. No other calls, status updates or any communication either way. As a company so aggressive to get you in to speak with the leadership team it was unprofessional, in my opinion, to at least close out the process. A generic email would of suffice. I am not surprised based on the previous feedback I have read from others regarding the company.

Interview Questions

• Each VP asked how I deal with difficult people.   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, which is smart. I don't know why more companies do the one click apply, but it's a great way to find candidates who are busy with their current position. I went through 3-4 rounds of interviews and an assessment. The whole process was pretty strange after the first interview. The job role was similar to my background so I had no reservations in my abilities to learn and adapt quickly. The culture of the company, however, was another story. Their Chicago office had about 10-12 people in it, in a fairly large office space. The interviewers repeated that this was a "winner" mentality team. What that really seemed to translate to was "we give you training and you compete with everyone." Don't get me wrong, I'm in sales so of course I like competition. However, it was very apparent that collaboration was minimal and others were not willing to help. They had also already formed an opinion of me based on someone who had known me two years ago, who I had barely known through my college classes. If this person embodies their "winner mentality," then I'd have to pass. Looked like a swimming pool full of sharks at a company trying to gain market share in a saturated space. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• Did the people you reach out to at our company help you prepare for this interview?   Answer Question

Software Developer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (San Mateo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1.Contacted by the recruiter who never came back till 2 weeks of talking, and then again called back to check if I was available.
    2.Once he came back a phone interview with the technical manager,generic testing questions about test-cases for a vending machine and to write normal code in java.
    3.The manager mentioned an assignment to make that took a lot of my time.
    4.Replied really quick ,I went for the onsite with four people.

It went really well but I answered all the questions the four people had.However the architect wanted to give a solution to some problem I had no clue about and he did not seem interested in my opinion about the problem. Other 3 interviews seemed happy with my answers and answered the questions I had for them.

I have never heard from them even after emailing and leaving voice mails after 1 month of the interview.I had taken a day off they should have atleast have the courtesy to sent a you are not selected email.

Interview Questions

• testing questions about test-cases for a vending machine   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies in January 2017.

Interview

Originally reached out to the recruiter on LinkedIn, never received a response. Went on to reaching out directly to the hiring manager, scheduled a phone call and had an interview. Went extremely well and was referred back to the recruiter who was supposed to send me a personality and analytics test.
    Was told I could not move forward due to not having a bachelor's degree. Disappointing that the recruiters do not look at candidates holistically in what they can bring to the company. Millennials have a financially harder time completing a BA than any other generation. Counting out candidates based on ONE piece of criteria, even if they do possess some sort of higher education (AA or above) and clearly relevant work experience you discount them is discouraging and not truly a start-up mentality. Some of the brightest minds in today's technology sphere do not possess any degrees.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brightedge Technologies (Foster City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

A BrightEdge recruiter contacted me via the phone and scheduled a time for us to connect.

The initial phone screen was about thirty-minutes, I was able to understand the technology and the overall Account Manager Position. I was asked a few questions about my prior experience at various companies and around my overall performance. I was told at the end of the call that I seem to be a good fit and setup time to meet with the hiring manager by phone.

Had a call with the hiring manager for about 30 minutes; who asked me question about prior goals and why I wanted to be an Account Manager at BrightEdge.

From there I was brought onsite to do a 30 minute long demo with the VP and hiring manager.

Pretty streamlined process overall.

One complaint would be the on-boarding process with Talent Wise... This was a very tortures process, that requires a lot of time.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an account that is looking to cancel?   Answer Question