Brightstar Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brightstar Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Brightstar

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Brightstar (Libertyville, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I have never posted about an interview with a company before and I am not sure what to say about Brightstar other than stay away! The interview process was full of starts and stops. My first phone interview went well and I felt very positive about the organization. However, it took 3 weeks to finally conduct the second round; two previous scheduled sessions were canceled at the last minute. When we finally connected, the second person I interviewed with had no clue about what position I was interviewing for and asked me. After I told him, he muttered something about wondering why he was even talking with me; needless to say it did not go well. The fourth person I talked with that day was very hostile and informed me if I was not up and running by the end of the 1st week, I might as well move on!

My third round was supposed to be face to face with the hiring manager and my peers. However, I got a call the morning of the interview telling me it would be a phone interview. So, in my third round of phone interviews, two of the participating managers were late to the call and one said nothing during the entire process. By the way the hiring manager never joined the call.

From the interviews I ascertained that:
• They had no IT processes or methodologies, and bent to the demand of sales and marketing.
• I was expected to pull a miracle out of my ass. When I asked about priorities for this position, the response was everything was a priority.
• Fighting fires was a lifestyle for these folks, and I don’t think they ever learned from their mistakes.
• The position description and the expectations of the position did not match up.
• As described to me, my role would have been to handle the planning and tactical functions that should be executed by my Director.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Brightstar

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Brightstar in October 2014.

Interview

Easy process One phone interview 5 personal interviews. Nice ambiance and friendly people. Show case how the project management is done. Nice work ! Long on-boarding process checking every document from your background

Negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Brightstar.

Interview

I had a phone screening and 1 face to face interview. A month after the interview, i received an offer. They didn't give me a chance to negotiate anything from the offer. I just had to accept the offer the way it was or leave.

Interview Questions

• Easy, general questions. I had an interview with two people from the team. They didn't ask anything specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiations.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightstar (Melbourne (Australia)) in December 2012.

Interview

Shortlist of resume by Job Consultant
    Get to know interview with the job consultant
    Interview with the Director I reported to
    - Focus of interview was technical and personality questions
    Interview by two peers
    - Interview was primarily technical in nature
    - Scenarios were discussed and how would I handle them
    Interview by two other directors
    - More scenario based questions and get to know interviews
    Interview by the CIO
    - Get to know the person interview