Brightview Senior Living Concierge Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Brightview Senior Living Concierge Interview Questions

Interviews at Brightview Senior Living

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Warren, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

When I scheduled my initial interview, I did it online. I guess the time I scheduled myself for wasn't available anymore, so someone from the company called me and asked if I could reschedule to the other day they had available. I said no, so he said he'd let me know if they made a reschedule date. 15 minutes later, I get a call from yet another person from Brightview saying they no longer had my initial interview time slot available, could I do the other day they had lined up? Again, I said no, and informed them that they'd already called and told me this. The next day, I get a call saying that my initial interview time was cancelled, could I do the other day they had scheduled. At this point I was getting annoyed with the lack of communication within their company, and let them know that this was getting ridiculous. She then said they had a new day and time available, so I said sure, I'll interview. Guess who calls back 2 hours later? Yup, Brightview, saying my original interview time was unavailable, and they'd need to reschedule it, but they had a new time and date that might better fit my needs. If I wasn't so desperate for a job, I'd have hung up. At least call number 4 was the last one.

It was a group interview, but it wasn't done by job. All of us were interviewing for different positions, so it was an odd experience. Left knowing I didn't want the job. After I got home I got a phone interview and they said they'd contact me by October letting me know if I got the job. Within 15 minutes I got an email saying I didn't get a job, but that was followed by ANOTHER email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job. Such a disorganized company.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you really helped someone in a previous job you've held?   Answer Question

Brightview Senior Living Response

Sep 19, 2016 – Director of Talent and Employee Relations

We apologize for your experience with us. We certainly strive to communicate with all our applicants but multiple calls by various managers was obviously a misstep on our part. This feedback has... More

Other Interview Reviews for Brightview Senior Living

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Cherry Hill, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The first step is a group interview with all job levels. They ask a question and have everyone answer. My impression was they like to see who is volunteering to answer the questions as compared to those who just wait to be called on. They also want to see how you interact with each other.

Was my first time in a group interview setting. I understand there is a second interview with the immediate supervisor, but I withdrew my application so I did not continue in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Group interviews were followed by a phone interview by the reporting department head, and a one on one with the community director. I enjoyed the give and take with other prospective hires during the group interview, and this process most likely gave the screening managers to observe commitment, as well as communication and teaming skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Hasbrouck Heights, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

I was part of a group interview. There were two interviewers and six people at the table. The interview process was casual -- just a way of getting to know us, our personalities and how we interacted as a group. They asked us a set of questions and we all had to respond to each one. Interviewers were very pleasant and tried to make the experience a fun one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a group interview with four other people. The assistant manager had us go around and tell the group about ourselves then asked several questions pertaining to the elderly and how we'd handle situations involving them. Overall, the interview was easy and the interviewer was friendly as well as the other interviewees in the room.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as a leader, contributor or observer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Randolph, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living (Randolph, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

The process may be different now, and also depending on location, but when my community first opened, we had to go through 4 interviews.
    Group interview, phone interview, personal interview, and then the final approval from the Executive Director.
    It was a long process that took about 2-3 months since the building was not open yet to the residents and all the directors were still in the trailer.

Interview Questions

• Personality, attendance, work ethic, etc were all asked.   2 Answers

Concierge Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Brightview Senior Living in May 2018.

Interview

Group interview, followed by a one on one interview with the manager. After the interview with the manager I was brought to talk to the executive director for a quick one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you had to think quickly? What did you do and how did you handle it?

"What would you do in this situation" type questions.   Answer Question